What Would You Name Your Boat?

My wife's family has a lake house about an hour away. I rarely go up there. Why sit around and get on each other's nerves? Just the way I see it. Also not much of a boating fan. Dry land is fine with me. 

Anyway,one of the times I did get up there I noticed a few interesting names painted on the back of these boats. One was flying around and sounded pretty mean. It was called "Pair of 9's" When my father in law stopped for gas I asked the attendant what that name meant. He said the guy had a pair of 900 HP Big Block Chevy engines in it. 

Another one is owned by a neighbor of theirs. The boat is called "Embraceable."  Guess his occupation. Orthodontist. 

Any favorites of yours? 

• Like 1

...had a 22 foot  fizz boat...back in the days...or was it daze ???!!!....Had twin Mercury's on the back...great hunting boat on New Zealands Southern Lakes.....could sleep four blokes on  it..or two coup.....never mind

Pulled it with my then new F100.....A heck of a lot of fun given our beautiful sea coast just 40 minutes in the opposite direction from the lakes.....  Secluded  , golden sand covered beach's......topless   girlfriends and wives......fires on the beach.....

Now I can barely remember why we had girls on board...maybe to cook the blue cod and crays.....Yeah, guess that was it.....

The boats name...""The Boat "'......no doubt deemed very unoriginal by the ''Pop-Eye"  brigade...but it seemed to fit....just AOK...:)

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We had a 20’ pontoon. Great fishing boat. The wife started calling it “ The Professional Worm Drowners “. So I painted it on the front gate. When asked, I would just say “ the wife’s idea “.  Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Acuna matatta (sp) was a friend's boat. Means "no worries" from the movie lion king? 

He sold it when he got married

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw one once named “Ten Dollar Corn” sitting in a farmers shed years ago while I was delivering seed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We called my 12’ Jon boat “The Nuclear Minnow” but it wasnt fancy enough to have anything painted on it.   For $2.00 what can you expect?? ??‍♂️

• Like 2

Saw a good one once call "Myasis Dragon".

And on the other end of the spectrum, saw one called "Miss Carriage".  Not sure what the thought process was on that one.

• Like 2

I had a battered old rowboat with about 8 colors of paint we used to call “ The Scab” it was fitting. 

• Like 1

We have two sailboats that were named when we bought them.

The Catalina 27 is "le bon temps" but should be "tornado magnet". She's been damaged by two different tornadoes in the past 10 years!

The Catalina 22 is "pharsalia". My wife wants to name her "afternoon delight".

Thx-Ace 

20210721_131216.jpg

20210721_131324.jpg

• Like 1

Buddy of mine is a lawyer.  He named his tournament fishing boat "Another Line" so his secretary can tell people that call that he's on another line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My Dad had a good friend who was a general surgeon/ER doctor. He had a nice old sailboat named "Off Call".

We have a 22' open outboard boat named "Haymaker" In remembrance of My dad who remembered many a summer day baling hay. He also referred to something that was working really well as "She is really making hay now".

• Like 1

I had a boat for a summer. Named it the Dolley Madison for the following reasons.

Was approaching the bicentennial of the war of 1812, which was a big deal in my part of the country. She was the first lady at the time and was responsible for saving the famous portrait of George Washington when the city was under attack and the White House was later burned. Of course, the anti-everything crowd has sought to debunk this -though I don't know how that's possible; screw 'em. I put a fifteen star/fifteen stripe flag on the bow.

Then I had a few problems (it was on old boat). A few seasons later I sold the engine and then later the hull to a coworker to in part buy my wife's engagement ring.

I got enough problems and boats don't bring me enough joy to justify the additional headache and maintenance.

5 hours ago, acem said:

We have two sailboats that were named when we bought them.

The Catalina 27 is "le bon temps" but should be "tornado magnet". She's been damaged by two different tornadoes in the past 10 years!

The Catalina 22 is "pharsalia". My wife wants to name her "afternoon delight".

Thx-Ace 

20210721_131216.jpg

20210721_131324.jpg

There’s an old saying amongst sailers or boat owners , “ NEVER CHANGE THE NAME OF A BOAT”!!!!

• Like 1