No self respecting man…

vtfireman85

4 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I've never liked flip flops either

They protected me from foot fungus in the college showers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

What did wearing a night shirt to the shower protect you from?

Foot fungus.  You have to read the whole thing.  Lol.  

15 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

What did wearing a night shirt to the shower protect you from?

The flip flops fool, the flip flops. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Not sure the significance of the apple

Me either the nightshirt is guaranteed to keep the wife away

Not sure Vermont has anything to do with this but this screams too much money and no personality 

4 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Me either the nightshirt is guaranteed to keep the wife away

Not sure Vermont has anything to do with this but this screams too much money and no personality 

Vt Country store is a mecca for yuppies from down country. 

That explains it, their women must be dying to meet a real man

• Haha 1

you guys poke fun but i love flip flops, i love shorts and yes i work outside in them vs jeans a lot. I drive my skidsteer and tractors wearing them to keep cool. 

I go barefoot in the house daily, I wear flip flops and shorts to town and even to gatherings and our small group for church. I am rarely cold. Its frustrating. I sweat like crazy and anything i have on will be soaked thru in an hours time if I am outside. Yes clean to my skivvies ( sp chk ) 

I wouldnt wear that getup tho seems a lil snooty to me but hey its fun to judge others right

Is this the same country store that sells yuppie coffee, regular around the corner, and $150 flannel shirts?

I guess I did wear a Union suit one year for Halloween in college. Had a bandoleer of 12 gauge shells over my shoulder and an 1897 Winchester with an 18-1/2” barrel.....got lots of candy ??‍♂️

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

The flip flops fool, the flip flops. 

Hold on, there, Seth!!  I thought those were thongs and they are in a drawer in the kitchen?!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ihrondiesel said:

Hold on, there, Seth!!  I thought those were thongs and they are in a drawer in the kitchen?!

96A8211A-BF98-4DC8-A448-83BCB33B6C51.jpeg

• Like 1

Very Victorian.  All that guy needs to complete the look is a tassled night cap and an oil lamp...or a Dietz hurricane lamp if he is investigating strange noises outside.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Is this the same country store that sells yuppie coffee, regular around the corner, and $150 flannel shirts?

I guess I did wear a Union suit one year for Halloween in college. Had a bandoleer of 12 gauge shells over my shoulder and an 1897 Winchester with an 18-1/2” barrel.....got lots of candy ??‍♂️

No, thats Williams, they are legit. Largest carhartt selection in southern VT, tools, hardware, feed , etc. and of course yuppie wear, the owner is a capitalist, not an idiot. 
https://www.hnwilliams.com
vt country store is pure tourist garbage. Anything useful is marked up beyond belief. Only cool thing is they have bought up rights to manufacture and market out of production stuff, like toys, candies, soap and all kinds of stuff, its all at novelty prices, but its kind of neat. 
https://www.vermontcountrystore.com

2 minutes ago, busted knuckles said:

Wife and I moved onto 40 acres of bare land many years ago, I still have the hurricane lamps that we lived with at night --- don't miss it, especially the trips to the outhouseless woods with a shovel and roll.

My friend Danny (RIP) and his wife bought land in northern New York, they built a little cabin to live in while building their house. They too made midnight trips to the outhouse.. in fact I think they built that first ?. Danny was about 6’ 8” so i think that little gown wouldnt have done much covering up for him?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, busted knuckles said:

Wife and I moved onto 40 acres of bare land many years ago, I still have the hurricane lamps that we lived with at night --- don't miss it, especially the trips to the outhouseless woods with a shovel and roll.

A roll?

You were far better off.

We had the Sears catalog.

And you hoped it was not down to the shiny pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3