Anybody got any water to spare?

nate

As dry here as I have seen here in my life of 38 years.   We have had an inch and 3/10ths of rain since we planted mid May.   Over 90degrees every day also.    Corn is still green but I am not sure how.    It is tasseling and you can really see how uneven it is.   We are cutting junk in the swamps for some feed.    Just sad

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

None to spare here either. Sloughs are shrinking and drying up a bit more each passing day. Last weekend's 2 and a quarter inch of rain and hail was a lifesaver for us but it was not widespread and theres been nothing since. Up in the high 80s most of the week but today is a relief in around 70 with cloud and smoke from forest fires keeping it comfortable. Perfect for the canola still blooming but not sure if there is enough moisture in the ground to fill those pods. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

As dry here as I have seen here in my life of 38 years.   We have had an inch and 3/10ths of rain since we planted mid May.   Over 90degrees every day also.    Corn is still green but I am not sure how.    It is tasseling and you can really see how uneven it is.   We are cutting junk in the swamps for some feed.    Just sad

I’m not sure the combine will need to go out this fall here, even our beans look like $hit!! Our corn was looking ok as of Saturday, but when I went by the farm in the big rig today, everything is starting to turn blue from rolling up!! 

• Sad 5

I've gotten 7.5 inches in the past 3 days. I've probably lost a fourth of my soybean crop to flooding. Below is a pic of a soybean field.

Come get all the water you want!

Thx-Ace 

Photo0656.jpg

• Sad 5

Praying for our extra to go where it's lacking ....

• Like 8

2 hours ago, nate said:

wish i could bring you some we have had more than our share here - flooding for us, worst since 03 in our county on our creek but cant say its like that allover just kind of spotty, hope you get some soon to get the corn to fill out

8 hours ago, acem said:

I've gotten 7.5 inches in the past 3 days. I've probably lost a fourth of my soybean crop to flooding. Below is a pic of a soybean field.

Come get all the water you want!

Thx-Ace 

Photo0656.jpg

It would be nice if we could find ways to pump water where needed when areas look like this!! Sorry to see your beans under water Ace!!

18 hours ago, nate said:

At least you got the 1". Out here in the PNW we've had maybe 2/10's since April, temps over 90 daily for the last month +1/2 and almost 2 weeks of that over 100. Surrounded by 4 fires now and no letup in sight. Only thing growing are the weeds, (although not much), but those buggers grow in the snow. Crops are - what crops? But I do feel for ya. When you're planning on something "normal" and it turns out to be not so "normal", often times it makes you try and second guess yourself. If only "this or that".

Have faith that you'll get through, we all will, until we don't. All we can do it all we can do. 

19 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

It is like April here, i would happily give up some moisture. 

Not this April! Farmers were planting corn in April here- unheard of for this area. 1st crop of haylage was being cut around the 12th of May. I saw people taking 2nd cut around the 12th of June, and just saw what I believe to be 3rd cut taken off this week! Unheard of around here…

Makes me wonder what the fall/winter weather is going to be…

I think we’ve had over 12” in July and average is like 4”. This was the town next door yesterday morning the river came up high enough it was pushing water up through the drains at this store. The treatment plant was almost making shitz creek 

1A9AC572-6392-4C7F-A021-C093C1FD719F.jpeg

38347982-AC11-428F-BB67-8B36C64AB973.jpeg

26DAAA8F-0639-4D12-AC55-9675B7DBD2BF.jpeg

01537BDF-EDA3-4FCD-8617-9020DAA1FF4D.jpeg

• Sad 2

Went from the driest July to the wettest on record in 5 days here. We had over 5 inch last Saturday alone. Wife and I had last week off and it rained everyday except one. Ended up working inside the whole time, never got on the boat once ?

• Like 1

We’ve been hauling pairs (cows with calves at side) all summer. Had a truck out in Gillette WY last week taking yearlings off grass, that’s about 2 1/2 months early. 

• Sad 2

On 7/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, Farmall1066 said:

I’m not sure the combine will need to go out this fall here, even our beans look like $hit!! Our corn was looking ok as of Saturday, but when I went by the farm in the big rig today, everything is starting to turn blue from rolling up!! 

We had 3 years of drought from beginning of 2017 till end of 2019 last 2 years had twice our supposed average rainfall. Usually dry spell around here lasts for 9 months to 12 months

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5288IH said:

We had 3 years of drought from beginning of 2017 till end of 2019 last 2 years had twice our supposed average rainfall. Usually dry spell around here lasts for 9 months to 12 months

We had a spell, 2004-2009, most of those we harvested 12 bpa beans, and 50 bpa corn, that was rough!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

It seems there's so much smoke in the sky I can hardly get AM radio reception at night.

Can you taste it yet?

no help to you, Nate.....but down under where we live,we have had over three feet     (36inches ) of rain since middle of June....Can't get a damn thing done outside......

...does not auger well, for our summer crops

Mike

7 hours ago, mader656 said:

Can you taste it yet?

Could here yesterday in east central MN!  This picture doesn’t do justice to how thick the smoke was, but that tree line is maybe 150-175 yards away.7D506160-89C0-483C-B046-752C299957B2.thumb.jpeg.0cbcbe6382375d297532d49d8baca776.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Farmall1066 said:

Could here yesterday in east central MN!  This picture doesn’t do justice to how thick the smoke was, but that tree line is maybe 150-175 yards away.7D506160-89C0-483C-B046-752C299957B2.thumb.jpeg.0cbcbe6382375d297532d49d8baca776.jpeg

Been about like that here in Southern Michigan. 

Been doing 2nd cutting hay that the rain has held us up on. We had a piece that normally when it was cut would have made Monday. But it was so hazy with the smoke and no wind whatsoever it didn't make til yesterday. Its actually pushed everything back a day.