ih dt360 rockers not getting oiled ??

timothy nolt

6 hours ago, timothy nolt said:

should i just buy a differnt rocker assembly or what do you guys think ???

I am sitting in my recliner with no info here but from my cobwebs:

Are the rockers oil not supplied from oil around one of the rocker arm pedastol bolts that feed the assembly? Is silicone or something restricking flow? Is the rocker shaft plugged up?

Not IH and may be way off but -

In a UK classic cars magazine there was mention of a Rover where the rocker shaft had been installed up side down so that the oil holes were on the bottom and thus restricted by valve action pressure.

Possible?

20+ years ago, my 1566 DT436 engine developed a valve tick. Inspection showed a bad rocker and push rod. After reassembly with new parts, I could run the tractor with the valve cover off, and 5 of the rockers had a nice little oil fountain, the new one did not. I ended up making a small groove in the inside of the rocker so the oil would flow easier. After again assembling it, I now had plenty of oil to the push rod. It worked for me.

18 hours ago, Red River North said:

20+ years ago, my 1566 DT436 engine developed a valve tick. Inspection showed a bad rocker and push rod. After reassembly with new parts, I could run the tractor with the valve cover off, and 5 of the rockers had a nice little oil fountain, the new one did not. I ended up making a small groove in the inside of the rocker so the oil would flow easier. After again assembling it, I now had plenty of oil to the push rod. It worked for me.

i think some of mine are a little looser then the others which leads to losing all my oil so i,ll probably end up buying a used set on ebay