got a chance to get a TD-5. they want about $2000 maybe a little less. i think the motor would need rebuilding. has a canopy a 6 way blade, sprocket look good, rails not too bad there is i believe a couple broken rail bushings. really no welding marks or cracked frames etc., pads are good. is this a reasonable price. i have a motor for it?

Do you have a pic it sounds good but it likely be more project than you expect. The price is not bad for a good looking not running machine. You start to know more when you winch it up ramp.

good luck!

Undercarriage parts can be a real nightmare sometimes on IH machines. If you think it needs some track parts I  would check into parts availability first then you can go into this project with your eyes wide open. @just Dave is right about how it can become a much bigger project than you think very quickly. 

• Like 1

Do you have any pics, always more attractive if you have the broken parts, bad side you can’t test what else is or isn’t working also

Good Undercarriage has got to be getting hard to find

2 hours ago, hardtail said:

Good Undercarriage has got to be getting hard to find

Anyone had a look at the specs for track gear for the Fiat agricultural crawler line?  I suspect that Fiat wasn't above using something that was already in production and I once heard a rumour of chains for a TD 6 from that source.  At least down here in Oz spares for them seem to be no problem.

23 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Anyone had a look at the specs for track gear for the Fiat agricultural crawler line?  I suspect that Fiat wasn't above using something that was already in production and I once heard a rumour of chains for a TD 6 from that source.  At least down here in Oz spares for them seem to be no problem.

Fiat track gear was used on some MF crawlers. I often wondered if BENATI used Fiat gear too.

There were a few Asian manufacturers that listed TD6 ,7 & 9 chains & rollers.A lot of stuff was made in Korea,but I think even they let China make it all now.

I was in contact with a place in Italy several years ago & was able to get TD5/500 chains at that time.Also TD9 rollers & possibly chains.

They offered me the last 500 chains they had,but I never bought because of the killer exchange rate.

I don't think they are still producing them. They are ERMA in Modena,from memory.

Roter was another Italian supplier.

I got right into the reasearch ,but always came up against exchange rate issues,so becoming a supplier was a no go.