white Cub Cadets

782's were an IHC or Cub Cadet Corp. tractor painted red to be sold by IH dealers, or yellow & white to be sold by MTD Cub Cadet lawn & garden dealers.

Oscar H. Will III ( "the THIRD") wrote a book, "CUB CADET, The First 45 years, copyright 2005 by HAIN Publishing that does a really nice job of listing who built what, when, and where.

I checked Amazon, they don't have any, but I'd check the flea market at your local tractor shows and the guy with several tables of magazines and brochures might have one.  Mine is like brand shiney new, My Dad was actually friends with Hank back around that time.

• Like 1

There were a few white hood and side panel 782's with yellow chassis and fenders for Cub Cadet (ONLY) dealers right after the selloff. IH Ag Dealers got the red and black ones.

• Like 1

Yes, MTD marketed 782s in whit and yellow for the first few years.  They were sold at their own dealers. Red versions went to IH dealers from 81-85.  The yellow 782 was replaced by the 1711/1712, then eventually the 1811/1812.  11s had single hyd., 12s had dual hyd.

• Like 1