Flooded soybeans

acem

I got 5.9 inches of rain over the past 36 hours. Over an inch yesterday and almost 5 inches in a short time early this morning. With all the mountains round here it can get deep in a hurry. There are benefits and disadvantages to bottom ground...

A fourth of my soybeans probably drowned today.

The pic below is a soybean field with almost a foot of water standing in it this morning.

Some of y'all out west need to come get you some!

Thx-Ace 

Photo0656.jpg

• Sad 8

Feel your pain. 4” over night last night. Puts us about 10” for July. And we are still in drought status. 

DFF66BAE-3FEA-4B44-BAAB-6498A6B895A8.jpeg

4 hours ago, acem said:

I got 5.9 inches of rain over the past 36 hours. Over an inch yesterday and almost 5 inches in a short time early this morning. With all the mountains round here it can get deep in a hurry. There are benefits and disadvantages to bottom ground...

A fourth of my soybeans probably drowned today.

The pic below is a soybean field with almost a foot of water standing in it this morning.

Some of y'all out west need to come get you some!

Thx-Ace 

Photo0656.jpg

I know you have said before where you are, but I forget! I was in London Arkansas Wednesday night, and reloaded in Clarksville. My old GPS thought some of Arkansas’s goat trails/ state highways are fit for a 50 foot trailer. I made it through, but I now own a different GPS that hopefully is better at deciphering truck routes. 
I have been on lots of 7% grades in Colorado and Wyoming, but 8 miles of 11% is STUPID!!

I am going back to pulling for my brother, until I get a shorter trailer. 

7 hours ago, acem said:

I'm about 20 miles from Clarksville,down by the river. There are some pig trails up in the mountains.

Who/where did you pick up your load? @Lazy WP

Thx-Ace 

I unloaded my DDGs at JBS pork in London, and reloaded chicken meal at Tyson/River Valley animal foods in Clarksville. Some beautiful country, but not so fun hanging a front wheel over one side of the road and the trailer is over the other side. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, acem said:

Those are on good roads. They are just off I40.

Deliver some to Oark AR or Bass AR sometime!

Thx-Ace 

I tried and somewhat succeeded in going south out of Harrison. Goat trails!!

Take i49 and I40 in western arkansas for good roads.

A friend hauls piggies up hwy 7 from Russellville, through Harrison into North Missouri all week. You get used to it.

Hwy 7 is a primary hwy and relatively straight. Many of secondary highways are much worse. There is a switchback on hwy 103 going from Clarksville to Oark that is so steep the concrete trucks spill out the back on their way up!

Thx-Ace