Sherburne County MN tractor pull video July 17th 2021

twood1954

if you look close they wrinkle off the line,  and once they break lose they grew.  I was running a 70 mph gear and top speed was 27+.  Could have used another 150 lbs. on rear-end.  PSI was less than pound for thousand pounds of weight of the tractor.

What's your opinion on that track? I've heard a few people say they won't pull there because it's too grippy and hard on equipment.

I see they started pulling from the opposite end of the arena. Probably makes staging a pain, but it has to be safer in case a tractor got away.

I placed 1st out of 3 tractors.  The track takes power if it has proper amount of moisture in it. It is one of the better prepared tracks, smooth with out soft spots.  As far as hard on equipment, it maybe hard on "stock tractors" that have trouble coming off line easy.  A slipper clutch makes it easy to come off line.  Like the way they pull from north to south, make it is to get off track and shut down tractor.  As far as staging IMO it works better than old way.  You stage in front of the east grandstand.