Jump to content

All hail Shiek!


DT Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I reached out to Aaron Friday for some help with the 756 project. He was engaged after work Friday but said Saturday he could stop at the farm after work. I also sent a text to Iowaboy, the more the merrier, right? Well Aaron got here about 3:30, Iowaboy not too much later.

Aaron being very familiar with these things spotted some things I had missed. Long story short, we changed the solenoid out with one from a starter a buddy loaned me. That starter is bad but the solenoid is good! Blew my mind that was the problem. 

One down, then it would crank, didn't want to start. He noticed 'someone' wired the coil backwards. No idea who would have done that. We got it running after changing the wires around! Still needs plenty of fine tuning but it's alive!

Just want to say thanks for all the help guys, was a good afternoon.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome to get such good help.

 

Pictures of said tractor .....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bitty, I didn't take any pics today as it doesn't look any different than the last update in the project thread. Now that it's running it should get the rest of the sheet-metal soon, then there will be pics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good afternoon with some RP friends and even got it going between stories.  Job well done.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Aaron being very familiar with these things spotted some things I had missed. Long story short, we changed the solenoid out with one from a starter a buddy loaned me. That starter is bad but the solenoid is good! Blew my mind that was the problem. 

One down, then it would crank, didn't want to start. He noticed 'someone' wired the coil backwards. No idea who would have done that. We got it running after changing the wires around! Still needs plenty of fine tuning but it's alive!

Coverin' the basics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are very welcome,  Mike!  My pleasure.  It was nice to meet Iowaboy as well. It never occurred to me to get a photo of the 3 of us in front of the 756....  By the way, I verified in Ken Updike's serial number bible. Yes, your 756 is the first one off the line in 1969!

20210718_012440.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks also for the nickel tour of the farm!  Should have stopped long ago.  You have several nice tractors. Something satisfying about a sharp Allis Chalmers machine!  The ole 1066 looked nice in front of the house. Stopped to check it out on my way out the driveway. 

I dont have a project that I need a hand with, but you and Iowaboy need to stop over for the nickel tour of my place. I will upgrade to the dime tour, no extra charge!

20210717_184909.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was nice to meet the shiek. ? it was a good day. The 756 looks pretty much unmolested as shiek pointed out and should make Dt a nice tractor. 

   Wife did say she was thinking about reporting me missing as it was taking me an awful long time in town getting a battery and some fuel. Whoops I forgot to inform her of the added stop. ?

Would enjoy a tour at the sheiks place. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DT Fan, @iowaboy1965, and @nepoweshiekfarmalls if you guys are looking for more forum member meets and Farmall fixing on site, I have a few thing’s stacking up against me! I’m only 5-6 hours north of you!??  You could kidnap @red tractor fever on your way by too!!!???

Glad you guys had a good time, some times that’s all it takes is a different set of eyes to find a solution to a problem!! That 1066 looks good to DT!!!! 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be interesting to find out if the 756 had belonged to the guy shiek was thinking about in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Was nice to meet the shiek. ? it was a good day. The 756 looks pretty much unmolested as shiek pointed out and should make Dt a nice tractor. 

   Wife did say she was thinking about reporting me missing as it was taking me an awful long time in town getting a battery and some fuel. Whoops I forgot to inform her of the added stop. ?

Would enjoy a tour at the sheiks place. 

I chuckled pretty good when you said that you did not mention stopping over to your wife!  Mine called while we were together and She asked if I was having fun working on old red tractors with my forum buddies.  She knows what makes me tick and supports me!

I need to pick a day and invite all the forum members who would like to stop over for a shed tour. It would be a good time!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I need to pick a day and invite all the forum members who would like to stop over for a shed tour. It would be a good time!

That does sound like a fun time!! I’m 5-6 hours away, but if it worked for me, I’d like to come down and meet some of you guys!! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

That does sound like a fun time!! I’m 5-6 hours away, but if it worked for me, I’d like to come down and meet some of you guys!! 

That would be great! I'll be in Hutchinson next weekend, where are you from there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I chuckled pretty good when you said that you did not mention stopping over to your wife!  Mine called while we were together and She asked if I was having fun working on old red tractors with my forum buddies.  She knows what makes me tick and supports me!

I need to pick a day and invite all the forum members who would like to stop over for a shed tour. It would be a good time!

Well honestly when I left home to run errands I wasn't sure if I was gonna stop over or not and theeeen I told myself I'll just stop for a lil bit. I won't stay long. ??

Ya I shoulda know better it never works out that way. Besides I wanted to hear that 756 run! ?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DT Fan said:

That would be great! I'll be in Hutchinson next weekend, where are you from there?

About 1.5-2 hours north east yet! I’m in between the towns of Milaca, and Mora, right off Hwy 23.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

About 1.5-2 hours north east yet! I’m in between the towns of Milaca, and Mora, right off Hwy 23.

Been through that area a couple of times. Don't get to do near as much fishing as I used to. If I ever get in the area I'll look you up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Been through that area a couple of times. Don't get to do near as much fishing as I used to. If I ever get in the area I'll look you up!

You can sure do that! I’m only a mile off 23!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, DT Fan said:

That would be great! I'll be in Hutchinson next weekend, where are you from there?

Are you headed to the pumpkin show??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Yes, driving up Friday. Taking the WF WD 45 and No. 73 plow. 

I am possibly going to check it out on Friday if it works out.  Have the day off of work.    It’s about 45minutes from me.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nate, I should be there by 1 or 2 Friday.

Shiek, Iowaboy, you guys are welcome anytime. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by. Goes for the rest of you guys too, if you're near the 159 on interstate 80, look me up. Almost always there on weekends. If there is a good farm sale......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...