Jump to content

Confucius say..


vtfireman85
 Share

Recommended Posts

Woman who go fishing with two men come home with red snapper......

 

Man who get on wrong elevator wrong on all levels. 

 

Wise man never play leapfrog with a unicorn. 

 

Man who go to bed with s3x on his mind wake up with solution in hand.

 

And my favorite:

 

I never said any of that $hit.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hardtail said:

Snake you have a deeper philosophical tone here?

There’s basically only one thing I’ve followed is the so-called golden rule, and if you look at your lot in life it all pertains to just that and I think you can dig this just as much as I ever have.

8413AFC1-991E-4CDC-81CF-5AC0F6087B7D.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, jeeper61 said:

Must be a chink in his armor 

That  ,jeeper, could be construed as a very provocative statement.......:rolleyes:

...however, maybe we should ....as they say.....let sleeping    armour  chink's lie

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

That  ,jeeper, could be construed as a very provocative statement.......:rolleyes:

...however, maybe we should ....as they say.....let sleeping    armour  chink's lie

Mike

Proper use of the word this time but could be taken as Homonyms intent depending on ones PC level   

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chink

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Proper use of the word this time but could be taken as Homonyms intent depending on ones PC level   

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chink

........good one !!!

........Merriam -Webster has levelled   the playing field, so to speak         ......but if Confucius  and his Mates were threatening one......and one used   a couple of well known adjectives  preceeding the word    "Chink "....the  "C"  word then could well be regarded    as a simple 'noun'......but the 'correct police'' would still triumph, because of the "traditional  vulgarity ''  of the proceeding adjectives......So thats it....bad mouthing Chinese tool makers ......and other  Chinese  craftsmen...like  Bio-lab    technicians etc, will be frowned upon , by ol'  BJ.......Who has the invidious task of keeping tabs on all the good folk on here who are not willing to embrace  the advance of the Chinese.....as their  devious   tentacles  spread ever far....

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mike newman said:

........good one !!!

........Merriam -Webster has levelled   the playing field, so to speak         ......but if Confucius  and his Mates were threatening one......and one used   a couple of well known adjectives  preceeding the word    "Chink "....the  "C"  word then could well be regarded    as a simple 'noun'......but the 'correct police'' would still triumph, because of the "traditional  vulgarity ''  of the proceeding adjectives......So thats it....bad mouthing Chinese tool makers ......and other  Chinese  craftsmen...like  Bio-lab    technicians etc, will be frowned upon , by ol'  BJ.......Who has the invidious task of keeping tabs on all the good folk on here who are not willing to embrace  the advance of the Chinese.....as their  devious   tentacles  spread ever far....

Mike

Jeeze mike! You are going to get this thread followed by NSA!  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mike newman said:

That  ,jeeper, could be construed as a very provocative statement.......:rolleyes:

...however, maybe we should ....as they say.....let sleeping    armour  chink's lie

Mike

When I was little little my old man had acquired a trade, he caught the end of the wooden boats, tugs and scow manufacturing and was a “corker”, his tools included a long headed mallet with a sliding handle and metal hand wedges that caulked a hemp fiber called oakum that was stringy and infused with pine tar, the process of filling the butted boards was called “chinking”,

Hammer the oakum between the boards with a knack of not to hard and not to loose, sometimes I think he used a linseed oil putty to cover the joints but from what I remember was the oakum and boards would seal themselves through natural setup.

You guys being farmers and ranchers know the old manner of sealing up log cabins was also called chinking, do you still call it that or has woke changed that also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snake, I still have my grandfather's caulking iron.  Here they used red lead putty to cover the oakum.  I knew the last of the caulkers around here when I worked summers in the boatyard in high school.  His nickname was "Plug".  He was an ex merchant mariner who had 4 tankers sunk out from under him on the Mermansk run during WW II.  He married a White Russian who never learned English.  Quite a character!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Snake, I still have my grandfather's caulking iron.  Here they used red lead putty to cover the oakum.  I knew the last of the caulkers around here when I worked summers in the boatyard in high school.  His nickname was "Plug".  He was an ex merchant mariner who had 4 tankers sunk out from under him on the Mermansk run during WW II.  He married a White Russian who never learned English.  Quite a character!

I wish I still had the mallet and tools, with his second marriage all his old stuff ended up spread all over with azzhat step people, his old marlin 44/40 almost ended the same way but  I got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

When I was little little my old man had acquired a trade, he caught the end of the wooden boats, tugs and scow manufacturing and was a “corker”, his tools included a long headed mallet with a sliding handle and metal hand wedges that caulked a hemp fiber called oakum that was stringy and infused with pine tar, the process of filling the butted boards was called “chinking”,

Hammer the oakum between the boards with a knack of not to hard and not to loose, sometimes I think he used a linseed oil putty to cover the joints but from what I remember was the oakum and boards would seal themselves through natural setup.

You guys being farmers and ranchers know the old manner of sealing up log cabins was also called chinking, do you still call it that or has woke changed that also.

Snake,

Tally Ho! Corking or caulking, depending on where you're at.

Corking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, arizonian said:

Snake,

Tally Ho! Corking or caulking, depending on where you're at.

Corking

I think caulking is more modern, like I said it was after the war,  so ‘46 onward and the wording was older, if you look up corking now it takes you to sealing off wine bottles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I think caulking is more modern, like I said it was after the war,  so ‘46 onward and the wording was older, if you look up corking now it takes you to sealing off wine bottles.

I know, I know. Way off topic, but caulking or corking depends on where you are from. Nothing to do with Confucious. Corking is not a lost trade, just not much demand for it in most locales. Port Townsend, WA is another story.

If you are not following Tally Ho, here's a little bit more about Pete.

Hey, Pete. What are you doing? Fast forward to 16:30. Pete doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Back to the original topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arizonian said:

I know, I know. Way off topic, but caulking or corking depends on where you are from. Nothing to do with Confucious. Corking is not a lost trade, just not much demand for it in most locales. Port Townsend, WA is another story.

If you are not following Tally Ho, here's a little bit more about Pete.

Hey, Pete. What are you doing? Fast forward to 16:30. Pete doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Back to the original topic.

Thanx for the utoob, also very rarely does anything stay on topic here, port townsend is a great little town, nice and quaint, the barracks is a cool spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Jeeze mike! You are going to get this thread followed by NSA!  

Never, Seth !!!....just my bit of good ol'   home spun philosophy.....as a  result of an ''inhouse''   comment with @jeeper61....in regard to ...shall we say.....a ''culturally insensitive'' post regarding  that country  which is a saturation point purveyor of junk......:angry:...to the Western world......

Mike

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mike newman said:

........good one !!!

........Merriam -Webster has levelled   the playing field, so to speak         ......but if Confucius  and his Mates were threatening one......and one used   a couple of well known adjectives  preceeding the word    "Chink "....the  "C"  word then could well be regarded    as a simple 'noun'......but the 'correct police'' would still triumph, because of the "traditional  vulgarity ''  of the proceeding adjectives......So thats it....bad mouthing Chinese tool makers ......and other  Chinese  craftsmen...like  Bio-lab    technicians etc, will be frowned upon , by ol'  BJ.......Who has the invidious task of keeping tabs on all the good folk on here who are not willing to embrace  the advance of the Chinese.....as their  devious   tentacles  spread ever far....

Mike

ironic that the use of that word in relation to armor refers to poor quality

Personally I prefer chain mail it is much easier to move in  

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After The Sweetness of Low  Price is Forgotten - Confucius says - quickmeme

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure if it came from an old indian or confucius or who for sure but dad said when you get old what was used to be limber is stiff and what used to be stiff is limber. he also said when you are young you forget to zip up and when you are old you forget to zip down

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Little Red said:

not sure if it came from an old indian or confucius or who for sure but dad said when you get old what was used to be limber is stiff and what used to be stiff is limber. he also said when you are young you forget to zip up and when you are old you forget to zip down

Truth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...