Thank you all for being awesome!!

Donnie

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone on this forum, I started farming at 36 (12 years ago) I was raised in the city and wanted nothing more than to have my own land. When I bought my first tractor I had to take out a loan for it, that was my 1086FWA, since then I have managed to collect several different IH's and put them all to good use but my 1086 is still my favourite. I recently replaced the MCV pump with some help from you all once again I'm going round and round.

I really appreciate all the help and advice you all share, 

So again, Thank you

Don

• Like 22

this place is awesome, glad you were able to get some assistance, we sometimes rant and argue like some grumpy ole men, but all in all its a wonderful place full of wonderful people - we are blessed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Where in AB do you call home?

Hey Hardtail! Im near Cremona but also farm near Eckville, where you at?

I’m just north of Camrose, some nice country around Rimbey, used to always hop off hwy 2 at Olds and take 22 south following the foothills past you

Dont see many 86 FWAs around Alberta, least not out here on the flats, looks like we have similar interests...lol

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

I’m just north of Camrose, some nice country around Rimbey, used to always hop off hwy 2 at Olds and take 22 south following the foothills past you

Dont see many 86 FWAs around Alberta, least not out here on the flats, looks like we have similar interests...lol

Lots of great paved back roads besides 22 if you know where to go… im always up for going for a ride if your in the neighborhood 

• Like 1

Congrats on making your dream come true. 

No satisfaction like setting a goal and attaining it through hard work and sacrifice. 

I can identify with your situation somewhat as although I had family on the farm I grew up in town. I think the time spent on the farms growing up planted a seed. So many good memories. 

When I left home I took a vow of poverty and bought 70 cows, an M with a loader then a Super H then a 966 and my life's direction was set. 

Got married, raised a family and never looked back, been some damn tough times but no regrets.

The 1086fwa would be a tractor I would be proud to own..............pics?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

No satisfaction like setting a goal and attaining it through hard work and sacrifice. 

I can identify with your situation somewhat as although I had family on the farm I grew up in town. I think the time spent on the farms growing up planted a seed. So many good memories. 

When I left home I took a vow of poverty and bought 70 cows, an M with a loader then a Super H then a 966 and my life's direction was set. 

Got married, raised a family and never looked back, been some damn tough times but no regrets.

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I was raised on a farm where my father worked full time off farm. He didn’t have time to wrench and so I couldn’t learn that aspect from him. I have slowly developed my mechanical abilities over the years to where my skills are slightly ahead of his. I found this site a couple years ago looking at archived posts. Very helpful. Now I keep coming back for the conversations. I agree there’s a great bunch of guys on here

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

I was raised on a farm where my father worked full time off farm. He didn’t have time to wrench and so I couldn’t learn that aspect from him. I have slowly developed my mechanical abilities over the years to where my skills are slightly ahead of his. I found this site a couple years ago looking at archived posts. Very helpful. Now I keep coming back for the conversations. I agree there’s a great bunch of guys on here

Sounds like my life story as well. Grandpa taught me what he could, as we worked together in the evenings. Now, Dad is the old man and I am the one with the skills to keep the machines running.

• Like 2