International 585XL Tractor

Was the International 585xl (not case IH) available in the USA? I can't seem to find out much about them other than in other countries. 

I was doing some reading in my Red Tractors book last night and it said the 85 series was never sold under the IH name in the USA just as Case IH after the merger. I know that there is one exception to this though and that would be the 385 which was sold for one year under the IH name. We owned one quite a few years ago. 

• Like 1

I have a 1981 585 Doncaster that I bought as it was still a genuine IH tractor before the Case IH period. All I know is the 85 series straddled both eras and there were some panel differences in the latter years. No doubt there may have been some mechanical updates but they remained pretty much the same

Seems North America was the only place that did not get the IH 85 series / 85XL cab other than the IH 385(no XL cab) as mentioned. 

I have an op manual that is for 385,484,584,684,784,884,Hydro 84.....

Not sure why NA didn't badge 85 series until merger. The solid red H pattern 84 series were the IH 85 series everywhere else. 

1987 for XL cab, on Case International tractor in NA. 

I

On 7/17/2021 at 6:13 AM, 495man said:

Seems North America was the only place that did not get the IH 85 series / 85XL cab other than the IH 385(no XL cab) as mentioned. 

I have an op manual that is for 385,484,584,684,784,884,Hydro 84.....

Not sure why NA didn't badge 85 series until merger. The solid red H pattern 84 series were the IH 85 series everywhere else. 

1987 for XL cab, on Case International tractor in NA. 

I actually bought a 585xl the other day on a auction. Not sure why or how it got to the US. It's pretty rough shape but I thought it was pretty neat since you don't see them here

Our service manual set (GSS-1416-B )covers 385, 454, 464, 484, 574, 584, 674, 684, 784, and the 87 Hydro.

Appears to be the pre-sell out, lineup of the Doncaster line.

6 hours ago, caseih2388 said:

I

I actually bought a 585xl the other day on a auction. Not sure why or how it got to the US. It's pretty rough shape but I thought it was pretty neat since you don't see them here

Lots of Euro stuff has been imported. I saw a really nice 4210 with the L cab (the basic no AC factory cab we did not get here) 

I don't know I just looked and I didn't see any 85 series that weren't Case IH and listed in NA. When you look under IH it shows some but when you click on them they are actually Case IH