Foot Pedal Accelerator Kit

FarmerFixEmUp

8 hours ago, Coytee said:

If this still allows the hand throttle to work....  then would it do the following?

Set the hand throttle at "X" rpm's (say a lower rpm for easy mowing of short/thin grass).  Run into a clump, you currently have to move the hand throttle.....but could you instead, apply the foot throttle and after you get through the need for extra oomph, let go and it will go back down to the range dictated by the hand throttle?

I ask because my backhoe has both.  (foot for loader work and hand for backhoe work)  If you have the hand throttle applied and you turn around and push the foot throttle, the foot throttle will PULL the hand throttle back down to its base location, essentially taking over control of the circuit and negating the application of the hand throttle.

I could see the need for some added oomph and would be nice if the foot throttle added it without changing the hand throttle.

(I am presuming this is indeed how it works, just looking for confirmation)

Any tractor I've driven with foot feed will allow to to set MIN RPM with hand throttle, and the foot feed will allow you to go up to MAX RPM and when you let off RPM goes back to the hand throttle set point. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

All states is now out of stock, back-ordered, waiting to fill a container full of orders in Turkey... ugh. I was going to get one for a customer's 806 diesel. Bates Corp doesn't have any either. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

All states is now out of stock, back-ordered, waiting to fill a container full of orders in Turkey... ugh. I was going to get one for a customer's 806 diesel. Bates Corp doesn't have any either. Any ideas?

Do you want to try and fab one up? I have a 1456 with a factory set up you could look at or take most of the parts home and duplicate.

4 hours ago, CDN 400 said:

Do you want to try and fab one up? I have a 1456 with a factory set up you could look at or take most of the parts home and duplicate.

I have a 1066 in the shop right now with one. Another customer expressed interest, so I looked into it. At $180 metric, for the new kit, when available, I can’t build one that cheap, we just need to find it.

5 hours ago, Eason said:

Devon used to sell them, and I believe Mark Mathis used to build them.

Do you have a contact for either of them? 

21 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

That could be a long wait. At least one port in Turkey is utter shambles following the recent earthquake with 1000s of containers tipped over helter skelter and even some on fire last I saw. 

• Sad 1