Foot Pedal Accelerator Kit

Ran across this on All States Ag Parts website. Would be nice to have for my 756 loader tractor but it's not listed for a 756. 

Foot Pedal Accelerator Kit Compatible with International 856 1466 766 1066 966 (tractorpartsasap.com)

112220 | Foot Pedal Accelerator Kit | International | Farmall | IH 766 806 826 856 966 1026 1066 1206 1256 1456 1466 1566 2806 2826 2856 21026 21206 21256 21456 |  | 385573R11 | 399229R1 | 370278R1 | 385576R1 | 213-515 | 358580R1 | 385577R11

Foot feed as an option must be a USA thing.  

I mainly use hand throttle for PTO work. Foot feed 100% of the way to go for almost every other job especially load and road work. 

Hopefully someone knows why that won't work on a 756 or at least what is different. I'd be making it work!  

The difference is the height of the steering column is shorter on a 706/56. I tried to send you a pm farmer fixem up. I’ve got one. Give me a call or text: 563-6 oh 8-12 three three

17 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

seriously guys, with finney/bitty/others, surely we can get this baby to fit anything with a lil fabrication modification re-engineering 

That’s actually the reason they are available at all- someone took an obscure part that was cool and got it mass produced for a reasonable price.

• Like 2

• FarmerFixEmUp changed the title to Foot Pedal Accelerator Kit
11 hours ago, brewcrew said:

The difference is the height of the steering column is shorter on a 706/56. I tried to send you a pm farmer fixem up. I’ve got one. Give me a call or text: 563-6 oh 8-12 three three

My message file was full, sorry.

My 756 is a gas, would it still work? There is that override spring on the throttle linkage behind the battery. 

13 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

My message file was full, sorry.

My 756 is a gas, would it still work? There is that override spring on the throttle linkage behind the battery. 

That’s a good question. I don’t know if a gas and diesel throttle linkage are similar enough to interchange. But mine is a 282, so at least it’s on the same side 

Purchase the Complete Foot Throttle Assembly,

Once you have the New Parts out in front of you, and your foot Kick panel off your tractor, You will see how easy this installation will be.

You will have to modify The new Panel,  Because of the Height of your 756 Steering tower.

We installed a Foot throttle on a 706,  4" Cut off saw and a Drill will complete the installation.

A Great addition to your Tractor

Jim Droscha

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 495man said:

Foot feed as an option must be a USA thing.  

I mainly use hand throttle for PTO work. Foot feed 100% of the way to go for almost every other job especially load and road work. 

Hopefully someone knows why that won't work on a 756 or at least what is different. I'd be making it work!  

I, on the other hand, cannot imagine why you would want to sit there with your foot on a pedal when you can just pull the throttle lever wide open, at least during field work.   Loader work, OK, I get that.   

I have a tractor with an accelerator.  Tried it a few times.   Finally modified it to be a decelerator (step on pedal to slow down on end rows).   To each his own.

Its a cool option though.   I wonder if it could be made into a decel pedal?!   Unfortunately, I only have a 666 left, and the battery sits there!

26 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I, on the other hand, cannot imagine why you would want to sit there with your foot on a pedal when you can just pull the throttle lever wide open, at least during field work.   Loader work, OK, I get that.   

I have a tractor with an accelerator.  Tried it a few times.   Finally modified it to be a decelerator (step on pedal to slow down on end rows).   To each his own.

Its a cool option though.   I wonder if it could be made into a decel pedal?!   Unfortunately, I only have a 666 left, and the battery sits there!

I always used it taking off and shifting on the road. 

4 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Because you don't always pull the throttle wide open and leave it there. Where you need a set throttle level, you use the hand throttle. When you need to vary throttle based on field conditions, the pedal is handy.

1 hour ago, stronger800 said:

Hand throttle remains fully functional correct? ( I believe so )  Just to clarify. 

Yes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Because you don't always pull the throttle wide open and leave it there. Where you need a set throttle level, you use the hand throttle. When you need to vary throttle based on field conditions, the pedal is handy.

I can see that.  I guess all my uses are "set throttle"....tillage, spraying, planting....where you want a consistent speed.   Even mowing roads--need PTO speed.    

I had to laugh a little - as the thought of trying to hole the pedal to a consistant speed while bumping along in the field made me remember:

2005.  I had just bought a new Duramax GMC....and was at the Farm Progress Show.   The huge parking field had been rutted up in the rain.  I was trying to drive out slowly.  The truck was jouncing over the ruts....and my foot was bouncing on the accelerator.  Vromm.....Vroom.....Vrommm.  The looks I got!     Talk about embarrassing.  Really, NOT trying to show off here, just havin a little trouble keepin the pedal at "Go slow".......?

• Haha 2

We run a 1037 stack wagon with.our 966, I like the tractor for the job, but the 830 case on the other one is much handier with the foot throttle. I think adding a foot throttle to the 966 would be super handy for freeing up a hand for stacker controls and might even keep us from riding the clutch a little bit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I set the hand throttle for continuous speed pulling and PTO rpm, but with smaller irregular fields your foot moves enough it isn't tiresome even using foot feed all the time. 

If this still allows the hand throttle to work....  then would it do the following?

Set the hand throttle at "X" rpm's (say a lower rpm for easy mowing of short/thin grass).  Run into a clump, you currently have to move the hand throttle.....but could you instead, apply the foot throttle and after you get through the need for extra oomph, let go and it will go back down to the range dictated by the hand throttle?

I ask because my backhoe has both.  (foot for loader work and hand for backhoe work)  If you have the hand throttle applied and you turn around and push the foot throttle, the foot throttle will PULL the hand throttle back down to its base location, essentially taking over control of the circuit and negating the application of the hand throttle.

I could see the need for some added oomph and would be nice if the foot throttle added it without changing the hand throttle.

(I am presuming this is indeed how it works, just looking for confirmation)

16 minutes ago, Coytee said:

If this still allows the hand throttle to work....  then would it do the following?

Set the hand throttle at "X" rpm's (say a lower rpm for easy mowing of short/thin grass).  Run into a clump, you currently have to move the hand throttle.....but could you instead, apply the foot throttle and after you get through the need for extra oomph, let go and it will go back down to the range dictated by the hand throttle?

I ask because my backhoe has both.  (foot for loader work and hand for backhoe work)  If you have the hand throttle applied and you turn around and push the foot throttle, the foot throttle will PULL the hand throttle back down to its base location, essentially taking over control of the circuit and negating the application of the hand throttle.

I could see the need for some added oomph and would be nice if the foot throttle added it without changing the hand throttle.

(I am presuming this is indeed how it works, just looking for confirmation)

It doesn’t affect the hand throttle position.

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

It doesn’t affect the hand throttle position.

What he said. The foot throttle won't move the hand throttle. There are friction discs on the hand throttle to keep it in place. Use it to set your low idle. Then speed up if needed with the foot. 

I only ever drove one tractor with one of these, a 1026 hydro. Seemed like a good addition to a tractor to me.

I've driven mine down my road before (dead end country road and I'm at the dead end but have about 1/2 mile of the farm along the road)

I've really detested the hand throttle when going down the road.....too fast, too slow....back to fast, then back to slow.  Whenever I'm on the road I keep thinking how nice a foot throttle would be.  Might have to get one though generally I'd not need it.