Jump to content

IHC 1026 wheatland


Recommended Posts

I for one really enjoy seeing the pictures and information about rare tractors.   Hope that "sniping" doesn't discourage that.     Sure, its good to point out discrepancies,  but also good to share about a rare tractor.

I personally think its pretty cool he found a tractor in halves, recognized it, and is getting it to repair and put back together.

I also think its cool others instantly recognized the current state of the tractor in one glance.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I for one really enjoy seeing the pictures and information about rare tractors.   Hope that "sniping" doesn't discourage that.     Sure, its good to point out discrepancies,  but also good to share about a rare tractor.

I personally think its pretty cool he found a tractor in halves, recognized it, and is getting it to repair and put back together.

I also think its cool others instantly recognized the current state of the tractor in one glance.

x2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I for one really enjoy seeing the pictures and information about rare tractors.   Hope that "sniping" doesn't discourage that.     Sure, its good to point out discrepancies,  but also good to share about a rare tractor.

I personally think its pretty cool he found a tractor in halves, recognized it, and is getting it to repair and put back together.

I also think its cool others instantly recognized the current state of the tractor in one glance.

And I didn’t mean anything demeaning about saying it was a 806 rear and you will notice I posted about finding the back half before it was posted he had it. It is a rare find

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one odd thing about back halve of tractor is factory single 38 inch rubber. Not that most early tractors weren’t singled but by time 1026 was out they either had big tires or some kind of dual setup either factory or band type when used for standard work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Long Farms said:

I keep the 1026 S/N Registry so yes its my duty to question a Frankenstein I-1026 that you post a 100yd pic of with no other proof if it's legitimacy that we all know is just gonna be jockey'd. Your just pulling the same crap Chris Brunsvold use to do before it caught up to him and he hung himself. 

LOL, that was the second thought after "Nice Hood"................:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see the 1026 tag on that rear end with the "I" clearly visible to prove the heritage of the rear end. Looks more like a row crop configuration,  but some of them came that way. Anyone can bolt 2 tractors together.  For machines this rare, verification definately determines the value. The appearance of the rear and and the lack of lights in the grille all point toward a row crop heritage. A front bolster, a couple frame rails and rear wheels are all that point to a wheatland machine.  I am not questioning anyone's integrity, just examining the clues.

How many "rare" HTA tractors are running around? ?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple people have brought up the lack of lights in the grill. But I have seen more than a couple 26/56 series that I believe to be original I models with no lights in the grill. They had a factory cab that had lights. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

A couple people have brought up the lack of lights in the grill. But I have seen more than a couple 26/56 series that I believe to be original I models with no lights in the grill. They had a factory cab that had lights. 

Seen the same thing probably 15-20 years ago. I1456 with a factory diamond cab.  No lights in the grill either.  Figured it was a factory grill because of the cab lights.  Also figured Dad and I should have bought it at the time but didn't.  Sigh, oh well, it happens............SMH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brewcrew said:

A couple people have brought up the lack of lights in the grill. But I have seen more than a couple 26/56 series that I believe to be original I models with no lights in the grill. They had a factory cab that had lights. 

See, I learn something every day!  That is the fun of this forum.  Still, the tag will eliminate all doubt.  It very well could be one of the 55? built.  For all we know, the hoods are gold underneath!

As a side note, and I have told many friends: with the parts I find here at work, I could try to fake a  couple gold demonstrator and other unusual models with parts at hand. But, I would never do that because it ruins the history of the machine and the value of what is left.  I have collected most of the parts to make a parts matching rare model, but I would never alter or replace the serial number tag.   It would be presented as a tribute machine.  Only if I could find a legit tag, would I consider that unusual combination as original. Of course, I would document the source of the tag. My thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, brewcrew said:

A couple people have brought up the lack of lights in the grill. But I have seen more than a couple 26/56 series that I believe to be original I models with no lights in the grill. They had a factory cab that had lights. 

The I-1456 I worked on with a factory cab did not have the lights in the grill either. I think they look better without but I grew up in row crop country so that's what I'm used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE ... the I1026 wheatland is now in my yard and has the correct tag as I said.. the hydro needs to be redone  and put back together, the engine runs very strong . .......all the original bolts are in pail. flywheel etc. the tractor was just split last fall and redone into 806 back end.. thanks 

IMG_9542 2.JPG

IMG_9547 2.JPG

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  ?

You are pretty brave to haul that thing with the stack of blocks....my luck the blocks would have bounced loose and dropped on the road....

Even that 806 rear end is got a nice feature or two - the solid cast wheels w/step up wedges, and rear entry cab were all unknown in my area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, patricksjohndeeres said:

UPDATE ... the I1026 wheatland is now in my yard and has the correct tag as I said.. the hydro needs to be redone  and put back together, the engine runs very strong . .......all the original bolts are in pail. flywheel etc. the tractor was just split last fall and redone into 806 back end.. thanks 

IMG_9542 2.JPG

IMG_9547 2.JPG

Hydro going to Herr's machine? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been coming to this site for 15 years for mostly the good stories and pics of family tractors. My family collects some, have a few myself. What really turns me off about this site is the moment someone posts something about a "rare" or "uncommon" item being legit, everyone goes negative in .5 nanoseconds.  Let people tell their story. I don't know any of you guys or your tractor selling history. If something doesn't look right, then let people do their research themselves. He obviously had his story straight and it looks like he is on the right track with this one. Cut him some slack!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:09 AM, IH Blood 1206 said:

I've been coming to this site for 15 years for mostly the good stories and pics of family tractors. My family collects some, have a few myself. What really turns me off about this site is the moment someone posts something about a "rare" or "uncommon" item being legit, everyone goes negative in .5 nanoseconds.  Let people tell their story. I don't know any of you guys or your tractor selling history. If something doesn't look right, then let people do their research themselves. He obviously had his story straight and it looks like he is on the right track with this one. Cut him some slack!

Amen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...