Little girl in I.C.U.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Seems like we haven’t gotten to a point of real recovery yet. Hemolytic uremic syndrome can be an awful foe to deal with. 

• Sad 5

40 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

WIll be prayers and thoughts for Y'all.  I for one keeping for some good news from you. @Gearclash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Seems like we haven’t gotten to a point of real recovery yet. Hemolytic uremic syndrome can be an awful foe to deal with. 

Hang in there.  Two of our three girls were in touch-and-go situations with infections when they were little.  Scary stuff.  Praying for you all.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your support!  I need to be unselfish and mention that there is another child from our area in the same hospital with the same problem and they are still struggling with it also. That child also needs our prayers. Today that child turned 4 years old. Not all all how those parents thought they would be celebrating a 4th birthday. 

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Thank you for your support!  I need to be unselfish and mention that there is another child from our area in the same hospital with the same problem and they are still struggling with it also. That child also needs our prayers. Today that child turned 4 years old. Not all all how those parents thought they would be celebrating a 4th birthday. 

It’s not selfish but probably a bit overwhelming (for you) Consider it done. 

• Like 1

Last night proved to be a rough night.  Our little guy just got plumb wore out and couldn’t keep breathing on his own, so the doctors intubated him.  He is now sedated and breathing by machine.  Very scary for us but this may be better on the long run for him.  Thank you all for your concern!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Last night proved to be a rough night.  Our little guy just got plumb wore out and couldn’t keep breathing on his own, so the doctors intubated him.  He is now sedated and breathing by machine.  Very scary for us but this may be better on the long run for him.  Thank you all for your concern!

Hang in there. We are pulling for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

oh my yes the intubation is scary and watching a child suffer is demoralizing as you sit powerless - big hugs man hang in there - God hurts right along with you, he doesnt like to see any of us suffer we are all his children. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update.  As of today it seems our little boy is holding his own.  It is possible that in some ways he is in better shape than he was 24 hrs ago but that is hard to tell.  We are thankful things are holding steady.  We try not to look at the obstacles that remain.

The little girl I referred to above (had the same E. Coli bug our guy got) might get to leave the hospital this week.  She has been there for a month.  I hope they get to go home soon!

• Like 9

On 8/2/2021 at 11:23 PM, Gearclash said:

Update.  As of today it seems our little boy is holding his own.  It is possible that in some ways he is in better shape than he was 24 hrs ago but that is hard to tell.  We are thankful things are holding steady.  We try not to look at the obstacles that remain.

The little girl I referred to above (had the same E. Coli bug our guy got) might get to leave the hospital this week.  She has been there for a month.  I hope they get to go home soon!

I am still pulling for you and all of the kiddos!!!

Update on our youngest child who is in the hospital. Yesterday morning they took him off the vent. So far he has done well, although with some ups and downs. He still needs quite a bit of oxygen to be able to maintain his blood O2 levels. He is in considerably less pain now than he was before the crisis of the small hours Monday morning when they put him on the vent. My wife was pleased to report tonight that he is maintaining his own blood sugar levels now without insulin. For reasons unknown he suddenly went diabetic very late last week. Today marks 2 full weeks he has been in the hospital. Still no urinary output yet, at least not being externally excreted. We need those kidneys to get back to woking again. We could very well have long road ahead of us, but I will take that over no road. God is good to us!

The little girl referred to above was able to go home earlier this week.  She had been in the hospital for 30 days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Update on our youngest child who is in the hospital. Yesterday morning they took him off the vent. So far he has done well, although with some ups and downs. He still needs quite a bit of oxygen to be able to maintain his blood O2 levels. He is in considerably less pain now than he was before the crisis of the small hours Monday morning when they put him on the vent. My wife was pleased to report tonight that he is maintaining his own blood sugar levels now without insulin. For reasons unknown he suddenly went diabetic very late last week. Today marks 2 full weeks he has been in the hospital. Still no urinary output yet, at least not being externally excreted. We need those kidneys to get back to woking again. We could very well have long road ahead of us, but I will take that over no road. God is good to us!

The little girl referred to above was able to go home earlier this week.  She had been in the hospital for 30 days.

PRAYERS SENT FROM CENTRAL WISONSIN...

• Thanks 1

I'm pulling for you, I pray for a safe return home for your family and son. It's not fun seeing children in their worst, a guy can't feel all helpless. Lord help them and keep them safe. 

• Thanks 1

The body of a small child is pretty amazing. They can do things our older bodies can’t and won’t. Been praying for all these kids and it’s working. God is good!

On 8/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, Gearclash said:

Any idea where this bug came from?  Just wondered, with two cases in the hospital at the same time.