Little girl in I.C.U.

1 hour ago, Gearclash said:

My thoughts are with those parents and little ones fighting this. Our youngest (3-1/2) is in the hospital with E Coli 0157. At this point not in as serious of shape as the others mentioned here but a sick little boy nonetheless. 

Hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon. Nothing worse than a sick child.

• Thanks 1

Poor little things, I feel terrible for them. I haven't heard anything as of yet. I figure he will come to me to talk when needed. I hope our next conversation goes better than the last. 

• Thanks 2

on it so sad for these kids, you can add my new grandaughter lilly to the list - she was born last night at about 1130 and even tho full term she has fluid on her lungs and is in the NICU on a cpap machine w/oxy until she can get rid of the fluids and breath normal air, my daughter is doing ok, is her third, we are on gkid duty this wkend enjoying that. 

Will be praying for all the kids and family mentioned on here. It is always a sad deal to see any little kid sick.

6 hours ago, Gearclash said:

My thoughts are with those parents and little ones fighting this. Our youngest (3-1/2) is in the hospital with E Coli 0157. At this point not in as serious of shape as the others mentioned here but a sick little boy nonetheless. 

Sorry to hear that. I will be praying for him too. 

• Thanks 1

Update on our little guy.  He has been in the Sanford Children’s Hospital of Sioux Falls SD since Friday afternoon.  He has the almost inevitable hemolytic uremic syndrome that comes with an E. coli infection of this strain.  HUS causes the kidneys to shut down.  This means he will need dialysis for while until his kidneys recover.  

Thank you all for your support!!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Update on our little guy.

Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the update. Will be keeping him and family in prayers and thoughts.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Update on our little guy.  He has been in the Sanford Children’s Hospital of Sioux Falls SD since Friday afternoon.  He has the almost inevitable hemolytic uremic syndrome that comes with an E. coli infection of this strain.  HUS causes the kidneys to shut down.  This means he will need dialysis for while until his kidneys recover.  

Thank you all for your support!!

Hope everything goes well. It is amazing at the quality of health care in the region. Sanford children in Sioux Falls,  to the south in Nebraska is a world class university hospital, then in Minneapolis, St. Paul , Rochester and Chicago has top notch hospitals.

• Like 3

update, new gdaughter is stable in nicu, her antibiotics had to be switched, she had developed a fever but that has disappeared, her breathing is a lil better and they have been able to reduce the amount of O2 on the cpap. They are monitoring the fluid and collapsed lung still for pressure on her heart. Prayers are working, God is in control. 

I pray selfishly for healing for all of these kids. I pray selfishly for peace and comfort for them as they battle their illness. 

Lord strengthen the children to fight, provide wisdom to the doctors and faith for us as we lean on you. 

thank you everyone for praying for all of us

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I pray for all of the sick children. We have had kids in the hospital before and it is humbling to know that our kids were going home in a couple of days and some never would. It makes all of our "big " problems seem pretty small when a child is sick.  Hopefully quick recovery for all involved. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

update, new gdaughter is stable in nicu

Glad to hear that she's better. Will be keeping her and parents and all  in my prayers. Thanks for the update. Always nice to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

update, new gdaughter is stable in nicu, her antibiotics had to be switched, she had developed a fever but that has disappeared, her breathing is a lil better and they have been able to reduce the amount of O2 on the cpap. They are monitoring the fluid and collapsed lung still for pressure on her heart. Prayers are working, God is in control. 

I pray selfishly for healing for all of these kids. I pray selfishly for peace and comfort for them as they battle their illness. 

Lord strengthen the children to fight, provide wisdom to the doctors and faith for us as we lean on you. 

thank you everyone for praying for all of us

That’s one doing better. ??

Still two to go.   Continued prayers for a quick, safe recovery for all these little ones.  

• Like 2

finally got an update - the air pocket/pressure around heart is smaller and they are not as concerned about it suffocating the heart now so praise the lord 80% of that danger has passed - 2 lungs working but still have fluid - running 30% air and 2.5liters of O2 ( whatever that means ) i was thinking normal room air is 21% so trying to get that reduced. She was at 60% so much improved. antibiotics working, no fever now and concern for worsening pneumonia/meningitis is reduced by the min. 

she is crying a lot so that has been an issue trying to reduce air/O2 because she loses progress from all teh crying and they have to turn it back up. 

daughter and hub worn out - staying up all night holding her to try to help with crying - they have some volunteer person that holds babies hold her for a couple hours today to get some rest - daughter going back now to hold her some more - they are feeding her via tube - 1oz milk every three hours, no wonder she is crying if thats all i got id be hangry!!!

so they are going to increase that a little they just dont want any aspirating to happen

I offered to take off work and hold her so will see if they take advantage of that

they havent seen their other two kiddos, 3 and 1.5 yrs since last thurs so maybe see them too if they have me hold lilly in NICU. 

Anyway, as usual in life slow progress but thanking the Lord for whatever He is offering. 

God's wheels grind slowly but exceedingly fine.......

praying for good news and progress for these other lil ones, God please heal their lil bodies Amen

• Like 6

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

finally got an update - the air pocket/pressure around heart is smaller and they are not as concerned about it suffocating the heart now so praise the lord 80% of that danger has passed - 2 lungs working but still have fluid - running 30% air and 2.5liters of O2 ( whatever that means ) i was thinking normal room air is 21% so trying to get that reduced. She was at 60% so much improved. antibiotics working, no fever now and concern for worsening pneumonia/meningitis is reduced by the min. 

she is crying a lot so that has been an issue trying to reduce air/O2 because she loses progress from all teh crying and they have to turn it back up. 

daughter and hub worn out - staying up all night holding her to try to help with crying - they have some volunteer person that holds babies hold her for a couple hours today to get some rest - daughter going back now to hold her some more - they are feeding her via tube - 1oz milk every three hours, no wonder she is crying if thats all i got id be hangry!!!

so they are going to increase that a little they just dont want any aspirating to happen

I offered to take off work and hold her so will see if they take advantage of that

they havent seen their other two kiddos, 3 and 1.5 yrs since last thurs so maybe see them too if they have me hold lilly in NICU. 

Anyway, as usual in life slow progress but thanking the Lord for whatever He is offering. 

God's wheels grind slowly but exceedingly fine.......

praying for good news and progress for these other lil ones, God please heal their lil bodies Amen

This is fantastic news!

My stomach flip flopped when I read meningitis. I went through that two years ago today with my daughter. Ten days in the children's hospital. Para is it were really, really touch and go. Scariest event of my life. If they're spared that, that's a big plus. I wish no one should have to experience that.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, KWRB said:

This is fantastic news!

My stomach flip flopped when I read meningitis. I went through that two years ago today with my daughter. Ten days in the children's hospital. Para is it were really, really touch and go. Scariest event of my life. If they're spared that, that's a big plus. I wish no one should have to experience that.

so happy your daughter is ok, i went thru 2 wks of pneumonia with my daughter at 3 wks of age in the hospital who is now having my grandchild, then my son went thru RSV for 11 days in hosp, when he was 19 mos,  he ended up with asthma but is doing pretty well keeping it at bay now he is 22. I cant even begin to imaging the lost sleep, tears, fears, and prayers solicited from everyone here over the years - thank goodness we know a GUY with BIG SHOULDERS!!!!

• Like 4

Our little guy had surgery today midday to install a port for dialysis.  By late afternoon he was hooked up to a  dialysis machine.  So far everything has gone well, beyond expectation.  We are hoping this is the beginning of the road to recovery.  It is in God’s hands, not ours.  

• Like 6