Hydraulic/ transmission filter help

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. We have an early 1970's 3820 series A backhoe/loader and I cannot find a replacement transmission/hydraulic filter. If any one knows where I can purchase one please let me know. OEM part number is: 397 063 R1IMG_20210711_184136.thumb.jpg.c3acc83e4de9052d5b707cf77e5834b9.jpgIMG_20210711_184133.thumb.jpg.b5e4b94ac0db3e2e55789415189cf92e.jpg

Thank you everyone! I have been to every auto parts store, machinery parts supply, and spoke with the Kamatsu dealer here in CO. Like someone said you can find the part number listed places but no one has it. I've even resorted to contacting filter manufacturers trying to find one of these. Hoping someone on here had a line on IH parts. 

If that is the filter I think it is. It is an inline filter to the front pump. You may have to replace filter assembly to a current unit.

A careful inspection of the filter head you have may reveal who made it. Maybe a part# and you could search that way.

9 hours ago, snoshoe said:

Well I was wrong on what filter it was. The fix appears the same. Replace the filter assembly.

Ya I was afraid of that. Thank you all for the help. I'm sure I'll be active in here as we get this old girl back up and operating. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, Maynard said:

CNH Parts says to order 397 063 R1 from Dresser Industries

Thank you! Would you happen to have a website for them? The Dresser Industries I found does oil field pipeline actuators and pumps. 

Dresser industries was the successor to IH construction equipment. Dresser industries became Komatsu/Dresser and then Dressta. Blue Ridge Tractor somewhere in Illinois is a Dressta dealer that I have dealt with a couple of times trying to locate some parts for an IH track loader. All I can tell you is that from my experience there will very likely be no parts support at all. Might be worth a try though, they are well aware of IH construction equipment and pretty knowledgeable at least about what I was asking. There are also some very knowledgeable people that frequent the construction board, might be worth posting over there as well. 

• Like 1