806 head

My 806 has part number 345149R2 on the head. I just bought this tractor last summer and the color of the head is far different than the rest of the block and also has new frost plugs which lead me to look up the head part number. The tractors throttle response is exceptionally crisp so like was wondering if it could possibly be a head for a 1206. Im getting mixed answers online as they look like they're interchangeable. 

8 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

806, 1206 should be same head. Don't think they put any swirl- non swirl stuff in those heads like the 400 series heads.

Original probably got bad valve recession so they just swapped a different head on.

Ok thanks. The 1206 came up when I looked up that part number so I was wondering if it allows more air flow with the 1206 having a turbo and all

Head has been gone through and has seats cut in to it and new guides and valves in it ? 

Danny

20 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Head has been gone through and has seats cut in to it and new guides and valves in it ? 

Danny

Good thanks. I'm from north of West Concord MN btw. I was gonna use the tractor for farm stock but I found a crack in the center housing where it bolts to the engine block. So I'm gonna wait until it needs a clutch or something and I'll swap them out. I have one sitting in my dads shed.  The original owner dropped it in a wash out and busted the wide front end off I assume that's when it happened. 

My thinking is that a diesel with a crisp throttle response is due to a good governor in the injection system, and peak, optimized timing. For the most part, a diesel is getting all the air it needs and rpm is governed by the fuel being injected. Diesel engines like positive pressure to the combustion chamber. Gas, however, is governed by air flow through the throttle body/carburetor. You always want a slight vacuum on a gas engine. If the vacuum stops, the air entering the engine is stopped too. There has to be a balance; too much vacuum and it is not going to be efficient to run, too little vacuum and the air entering the engine will loose velocity, to put it plainly. 

• Like 2