Super C 3 pt. conv. kit

Recently acquired a '53 Super C. I would like to hear from any of you that have adapted a 3 point hitch system to a Super C. I am particularly interest in hearing about issues, challenges or other factors involved in making this conversion. A previous owner modified the tractor incorporating a set of rear hydraulic remotes to the tractor.

Also, what are the specs for the hydraulic fluid (oil) for this tractor?

Any and all constructive suggestion are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

There's nothing exotic in the hydraulic system on this tractor that would require the expensive Hytran product. Whatever you use on your other tractors is fine, especially if you use the rear remote on implements that are connected to your other tractors. This will reduce cross-mixing of products.

If you don't have any other tractors the Universal Tractor Transmission Fluid they sell at farm and fleet stores is fine. Look for the bucket that lists out the oil standards that the product meets. There will be standards for JD, Ford, CaseIH, etc. That's the product.

Don't use "Vintage Tractor Fluid." That's just relabled 303 line flush, the stuff oil bottlers use to flush out their pipes between mixing batches.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:55 AM, Matt Kirsch said:

There's nothing exotic in the hydraulic system on this tractor that would require the expensive Hytran product. Whatever you use on your other tractors is fine, especially if you use the rear remote on implements that are connected to your other tractors. This will reduce cross-mixing of products.

If you don't have any other tractors the Universal Tractor Transmission Fluid they sell at farm and fleet stores is fine. Look for the bucket that lists out the oil standards that the product meets. There will be standards for JD, Ford, CaseIH, etc. That's the product.

Don't use "Vintage Tractor Fluid." That's just relabled 303 line flush, the stuff oil bottlers use to flush out their pipes between mixing batches.

Thanks for the information regarding the transmission fluid. I'll add this to the list of stuff to know for future reference.

Hydraulic system is self contained, this is sep from the transmission. The hydraulic "Touch Control" system is the same as the Super A, 100 through 140 tractors. Has its on check and fill plug. There is a lot of info on Youtube.

you didn’t state what your going to use this 3 point kit for . 
I ve had disappointed results ,your  not going to like this comment. But I feel you need to hear my findings. I cover a few of them here 

good luck I hope this is a helpful

We bought a kit that goes from the rock shaft with horizontal lift bars . They are weak bars I had to reinforce with rectangular stock. The will bend on down stroke  against any object like a tongue implements that are fixed ,or anything else on down stroke 
Most importantly the vertical lift is very weak 400 lbs max. You must have a working temperature gage on the control ,lift heavy loads the hydraulic system will heat up very fast, to over 250 f ,you will need to keep it away from 300 or else burn use the touch control system , and you don’t want to be rebuilding that. This a big drawback don’t overlook your objectives in future projects this will be costly. 
The frame of our unit prohibits the use of the flat belt pto pulley , if you have a 3 point equipment like a buzz saw that requires a flat belt , this is important your not going to use it. 
The frame of out kit the pto lever interferes with lever ball lock engaging the locking it in it will not stay engage pto . the lever must be heated and bent to engage and also disengage. Your skill in fabrication of lever are critical to make pto work correctly. 
The frame of our covers the pto oil entry plug port so you can’t get oil into the pto gear box with removal of the 3 point frame .make sure all seal and bearings are working and it’s full of oil before you install kit . 
as far as the set and lifting of equipment the center adjustment leveling is difficult to use, such as using it with a post hole digger. Will not enter and exit a hole with out having to adjustment of center . Very frustrating , in fact a useless attachment combination . On down stroke the auger and horizontal lifting bar to rockshaft bend make it adjustment essentially useless. Rockshaft has no float to allow auger to proceed down. At its own pace . 
I t makes it essential that you modify mine that the center support rotate center link with rockshaft. Witch it does not. And I would have to redesign it to do that and I have to abandon that equipment potentially. 
So what is it good for ? For me the only thing is getting a implements tongue easy off the ground , saves the back  ,but that about it your still have climb down and put pin in. 
I have never had good like with kits ,they always require re-engineering, machine shop ,welding, and trade off from original mfg. 

I recommend you get a tractor with heavy duty 3 point really for equipment jobs you want to do, cause it’s going to be a very limited costly investment .

• Like 1

560Dennis:

Thanks for your comments and insight to my 3 pt. hitch question. Your thoughts and experiences give me reason to pause. The original intent was to use it for the brush hog mower. I'll certainly reconsider, especially if the configuration involves long, slender rods from the lift arms.

Thanks and best of luck.