Another RPRU oddity

Those are all over Todd. Joint venture between GM and Navistar. Navistar building the 45 and 5500 for Chevy using duramax and changing grill for Navistar versions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Those are all over Todd. Joint venture between GM and Navistar. Navistar building the 45 and 5500 for Chevy using duramax and changing grill for Navistar versions.

Is that like the ram/sterling combo?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

I guess I’m not “all over”. He mentioned it to me and that was the first one I had seen also. At least they finally did something to make a Chebby look decent ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Our local John Deere dealer organization just got new service trucks. 

Can’t believe they got new Internationals like that. 

C165EE45-EFC5-48BF-82D7-F92A4404EBD0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I guess I’m not “all over”. He mentioned it to me and that was the first one I had seen also. At least they finally did something to make a Chebby look decent ?

Landscapers and construction here. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

And just HOW BIG is that building????

What is your snow load rating?

100’ x 250’. Not sure on snow rating. 

I was going to start a separate post on this, but I guess I’ll just put it here. 

Yesterday’s adventures consisted of working on the remote valves of a 620 Quadtrac. When I got there, the local Deere dealer was working on a 9620RX right next to my tractor. We laughed once we saw each other there to work on identical red & green tractors. This shop was virtually empty except for the machines we were working on. Those track machines(and our service trucks) look small from the other side of the shop. The other tractor in the far corner of the shop is a 9630 John Deere. 

3CDEBCBF-4CC9-455F-B819-09D0231C1D17.jpeg

27330DFE-FCE9-495C-9286-EC6A31C33ABD.jpeg

0E8FD64D-4771-45B6-A736-80C836C4434E.jpeg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, SDman said:

I was going to start a separate post on this, but I guess I’ll just put it here. 

Yesterday’s adventures consisted of working on the remote valves of a 620 Quadtrac. When I got there, the local Deere dealer was working on a 9620RX right next to my tractor. We laughed once we saw each other there to work on identical red & green tractors. This shop was virtually empty except for the machines we were working on. Those track machines(and our service trucks) look small from the other side of the shop. The other tractor in the far corner of the shop is a 9630 John Deere. 

Wow.  What a nice place to work for the day.  I'm assuming you have been in worse places.

Ironically saw one on I-57 on the way back from RPRU.

The one at RPRU was the first one I've seen in person. I recall reading about them when they were announced by Navistar/GM back in 2018.

16 hours ago, SDman said:

Why doesn’t that Deere dealer put cranes on their trucks?  Is that a dealer shop or a customers shop?  Our John Deere dealer has a new Chevy truck like that one with an 8000 pound Palfinger crane.  They got it because it had more gvw than a Ford.  We are going to stick with the Ford chassis.  I don’t like how high the Chevy is for getting in and out.  Maybe it’s not that bad and I am just stuck in my ways but the Chevy seems more like a big truck and the Ford is more like a pickup.  

17 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

And just HOW BIG is that building????

Id say youre officially at the point of "farming with money" when you can afford a building like that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Id say youre officially at the point of "farming with money" when you can afford a building like that

X2.  I wonder what goes on in there.  I doesn’t look like those tractors would need much work.  Makes the 50 x 120 at work look like a house garage.  That high ceiling would be handy.  I m pulling a transmission out of a 9420 right now and we need to roll it outside to get the cab off.  

1 hour ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

It always amazes me that the BTO always have to build these huge shops and sink tons of money into them. Why? Most of them are either leasing equipment or their stuff is new enough to be under warranty so it's the dealers problem.

Its not like they are doing major overhauls or rebuilds on anything. Just greasing and changing the oil doesn't require a shop the size of a Olympic stadium to do those tasks. Chances are excellent that they aren't doing any major fabrication work in it. 

How many of us on here are doing major overhauls and rebuilds on shops that are at best crowded and at worst you can't fit what you're working on if it large enough. Along with fabricating stuff to. It is basically a status symbol and a who's is bigger thing.

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

It always amazes me that the BTO always have to build these huge shops and sink tons of money into them. Why? Most of them are either leasing equipment or their stuff is new enough to be under warranty so it's the dealers problem.

Its not like they are doing major overhauls or rebuilds on anything. Just greasing and changing the oil doesn't require a shop the size of a Olympic stadium to do those tasks. Chances are excellent that they aren't doing any major fabrication work in it. 

How many of us on here are doing major overhauls and rebuilds on shops that are at best crowded and at worst you can't fit what you're working on if it large enough. Along with fabricating stuff to. It is basically a status symbol and a who's is bigger thing.

Yeah I never got it either.....................More was done here at home in our hole in the wall and outside than ever was even thought about being done in most those places.  I would love to have one, but I am not interested in paying for it.  Heck, I couldn't afford to heat such a thing.

Two big farms near me were that way with grain bins. The guy sold both farms, 3 bins each, and the one farm sent a couple trucks for the bins. He called the other farmer and told him that they were getting extra rings for their bins, did he want the extra rings for his bins also!! Not to be outdone, he said absolutely!!!

Is it his machine shed and one end for service?

7 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

You boys sound jealous…..

Not really, I dont care how people spend their money.  Its just comical how much agriculture is becoming a dumping ground for peoples' excess cash.  

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

You boys sound jealous…..

Not at all..............Would take half of most farms here for just that building, and then the rest of the farm to build a retention pond for all the run off that huge building would make.  I was on a kick of putting a bigger shop up, but the older I get, taxes keep going up, screw that..............My neighbor has a container business and a nice metal framed warehouse with a back section with a office, break room, and heated area already on it, I told him when he is ready to sell I am ready to buy..................I could buy that with the ground its on and be money ahead for what it would cost to put the same thing up now.  Prices are just nuts, and the sad thing is nobody else will want it for a business, its a pain to get in and out and can't be made any bigger................Just the ticket for me.

Well, hate to say it Allis hater, but you better get a handle on dressing everything up.....................No way will that cut it in successful farming, everything needs polished, and the area around it needs alot of work for the aerial picture!  

Oh, big flaw............No flag pole!

"Simple Guy"

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Well, hate to say it Allis hater, but you better get a handle on dressing everything up.....................No way will that cut it in successful farming, everything needs polished, and the area around it needs alot of work for the aerial picture!  

Oh, big flaw............No flag pole!

"Simple Guy"

It does have an 10’ asphalt apron all the way around to store more junk around.  The IH threshing machine doesn’t add any class?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

It does have an 10’ asphalt apron all the way around to store more junk around.  The IH threshing machine doesn’t add any class?

thats what the big ole caddy is for ?