Jump to content

A little lunar humor


Recommended Posts

There is a pretty big list of "conspiracies" for the tin foil hat wearing people.

Fake moon landing

More than one JFK shooter (ranges from two to over a 100)

Titanic didn't really sink. (it was her sister ship Olympic)

Alien spaceship crashed near Roswell, NM in 1947.

Earth is flat.

And of course Bigfoot is "real'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, mike newman said:

Uhhmm...sounds like a personal problem  NS....:rolleyes:..but seriously, we have a TV at home...but it is seldom turned on.....The sight and sound of young yelling females exhorting me to buy something , that might turn a grotesque parody of a human being....(like me )..in to somebody like Charles Atlas...is just to much to handle.....plus all the endless other advertising garbage....

...now a good book....or a good DVD.........by an open fire , ..(on those cold long winter nights....) is my idea of  relaxation..........

Mike

post-157-1170027235       fireplace.jpg

I agree with you 100% Mr. Newman. A good book will keep you awake and brain engaged. First year I got out of the "Jarhead Corps", living in an A-frame cabin in Eastern Wa., night before elk season, snowing, I sat by the fire and read Jack Londons "White Fang", the entire book in one night. Then went hunting the next day. 

I really like your fireplace, Chimney and the fire stick above the mantle. Very classy! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, N S said:

I agree with you 100% Mr. Newman. A good book will keep you awake and brain engaged. First year I got out of the "Jarhead Corps", living in an A-frame cabin in Eastern Wa., night before elk season, snowing, I sat by the fire and read Jack Londons "White Fang", the entire book in one night. Then went hunting the next day. 

I really like your fireplace, Chimney and the fire stick above the mantle. Very classy! 

The 1952  era house , burnt ,not down, but got badly damaged  at the 'original fireplace end'   .......this in 1991......The original fireplace was on an outside wall...as was the custom in those days....The house was duly repaired, but without an open fire....My "circle of aquaintances '  were aghast at the thought of another 'openfire''  ...But I decided I could not face life...any further, without an open fire.....
I had seen .."in the flesh "  many visually nice fireplaces in the US....likewise via the "fireplace magazines..."   However, most left that telltale smudge of smoke, , telling me that   there was an issue in the "geometry "  of the fireplace  build....Thus I did further 'research  ' on  fireplace's in Europe...Came up with a French design....Just a matter of  the ratio between ''opening    .....smoke shelf  angle.... chimney  diameter....chimney shape..i.e. has to be round..not square pre fab blocks etc etc "

Thus I built this thing from  the spec'ed dimension's,.....but added a four inch wide heat exchanger , all around the whole 1/2inch plated  structure....placed it on an interior wall of the main room.....fed fresh air into the fire, via an underfloor feed line, vermin proofed and able to be shut off when fire not in use......force fed air via electric  fan from underfloor to punch hot air into the house via the heat exchanger...and three inlet ports up into  the house's wooden floor's....(Used old four inch irrigation pipe, and lagged it all...)Worked a treat..never smokes....heated the old house.....don't hear the fan...so have the best of both worlds...   open   fire....(36inch   wide   fire box).......and  warm house.  Had one vent just where one left the shower, so one got out of the shower...hot air shot straight up one's  rectal orifice  and out your ears  ...great to be warm  ..:)

The  unfortunate folk with heat pumps /electric heaters/natural gas  'pseudo'  fires etc  .seemed to enjoy sitting around Mike's  "jumbo ' fireplace.....Have built three since that one.....

Mike

post-157-1170027183      fireplace 2.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Mr. Newman. As in all things, adequate research, if possible, and proper preparatory work will dictate the desired outcome. Anything properly done takes time and effort.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the whole debate was not whether we landed on the moon or not, the debate was Apollo 11 didn't when they claimed they did??????  

As for JFK..............The lone shooter doesn't roll with me.............Especially with Oswald, I wish I could hire him to hunt Deer for me here, he could take out 4 or 5 with a Magic bullet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I thought the whole debate was not whether we landed on the moon or not, the debate was Apollo 11 didn't when they claimed they did??????  

As for JFK..............The lone shooter doesn't roll with me.............Especially with Oswald, I wish I could hire him to hunt Deer for me here, he could take out 4 or 5 with a Magic bullet!

There are two main conspiracies when it comes to the moon landings.  One is we didn’t land on the moon at all.  The other is we did land on the moon and discovered extraterrestrial remains and was told don’t come back.  Both are laughable but the 2nd is more entertaining especially when you read this book.  https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Mission-Secret-History-NASA/dp/1932595481
 

However I’m like you and most others in believing there is more to the JFK assassination then what we have been told. The book above actually touches on it briefly too.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

There are two main conspiracies when it comes to the moon landings.  One is we didn’t land on the moon at all.  The other is we did land on the moon and discovered extraterrestrial remains and was told don’t come back.  Both are laughable but the 2nd is more entertaining especially when you read this book.  https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Mission-Secret-History-NASA/dp/1932595481
 

However I’m like you and most others in believing there is more to the JFK assassination then what we have been told. The book above actually touches on it briefly too.    

I would not put much faith into it, but wasn't the instrumentation package they "Left" up there not start working for quite a period of time after...............Rest of the missions(Except 13) did not have such issues????  I also find it hard to believe why if nobody was really "Going" how did 13 happen?  Would you not have thought it would have went flawless:lol:

Alot of people here thought Johnson was behind it when it happened..............I have more issue with the one shooter theory, not because a lone shooter could not have pulled it off, but more so "That" one shooter couldn't have...............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...