A little lunar humor

4 hours ago, mmi said:

is this in reference to houston cutting the mic, the 30 sec delay and Australian relay tapes gone missing

I do not know, sorry.....................

Them boys had big nuggets to get into a tin can built by the lowest bidder and go where no man had been before

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Like we really went to the moon….

According to Wikipedia we did, total of 12 Americans landed on the Moon, last six had the Lunar Rover to ride around in.  Six separate missions total.  But sounds like a total of SIX  countries including the US have sent rockets to the moon.  Lots of space junk on the moon.  All but one landing were on the sunny side of the Moon, India landed a rocket on the Dark side of the moon in 2019 just to be different.  Lots of "Hard Landings", aka crash landings into the moon.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

According to Wikipedia we did, total of 12 Americans landed on the Moon, last six had the Lunar Rover to ride around in.  Six separate missions total.  But sounds like a total of SIX  countries including the US have sent rockets to the moon.  Lots of space junk on the moon.  All but one landing were on the sunny side of the Moon, India landed a rocket on the Dark side of the moon in 2019 just to be different.  Lots of "Hard Landings", aka crash landings into the moon.

And I suppose Oswald was the only one that shot Kennedy when we all know it was Johnson and the mobster Sam Giencano that did it….

7 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

According to Wikipedia we All but one landing were on the sunny side of the Moon, India landed a rocket on the Dark side of the moon

……..not India on dark side of the moon…….it was China

The “dark side” of the Moon receives sun light too. Saying the Moon has a permanently dark side is a fallacy. 

54 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

The “dark side” of the Moon receives sun light too. Saying the Moon has a permanently dark side is a fallacy. 

The rotation of the moon and it's orbit around the Earth are surprisingly the same amount of time, therefore we only see one half of the surface of the moon. The "Dark Side" of the moon is the side that is constantly away from the earth,  Rick is correct, when the Moon is between the Sun and Earth the far side is illuminated, but we can't see it.

And Dave D. is correct too, China crash landed on the dark ( or far side )in 2019, not India.

JASS1660- Of course LBJ had Kennedy shot!  How else would the arrogant SOB get into the oval office? I read that he had a special chair made for the Whitehouse conference room that he could raise up via remote control so he was a head taller than anyone else at the table, so everyone knew who was in charge. 

I would think a person could see the USA flag planted on the moon with a powerful enough telescope, and probably the Lunar Rover too,  Unless the astronauts put up a tent to park it in.

3 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I would think a person could see the USA flag planted on the moon with a powerful enough telescope, and probably the Lunar Rover too,  Unless the astronauts put up a tent to park it in.

There is so much evidence we landed on the moon, to suggest otherwise is like denying the earth is round.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

had a whole collection in the day....always wandered about quality photos which dried up about '70 ,and anything after if found was clearly "photo"shop 

and MANY x we were at said medium telescopes..."here look at  xyz crater, mtn etc."  Um I would like to see the landing sites........"OOOH we cant get that close", but you just showed us 50' dia craters...?  "wrong time of nite" "its in the dark of the sun at viewing time" !!!

should have taken more photos at Kennedy.but we were told no photos at xyz  and or most  were too poor with public camera of the decade,nearly 50 yrs now, we did have access to some early shuttle stuff

Well, that would seem appropriate and funny too. So did we actually go to the moon? Don't really know, but would like to believe we actually did. But there remains a great suspicion we did not. After all, our beloved fearless comrade leaders do not have the greatest track record in being over generous with the truth.

Don't really care if we went there or not, I ain't goin, and sort of detest that my and your tax money be frittered away on such projects. Can't understand the emphasis on eventually colonizing Mars either. Private enterprise want to fund it fine, but not for my tax money better spent elsewhere. It makes no sense to me to spend billions and billions of tax dollars to get people to a planet 7 months travel time from here where they must first created a world to live in before they can live in that world.

God created the heavens and the earth, then he created man. Then I wonder sometimes if he didn't have second thoughts and say, after he sees how we turned out, maybe that wasn't such a good idea, and called it quits while he was ahead.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 6:48 AM, jass1660 said:

Like we really went to the moon….

LOL!  ...like - there's REALLY a "moon"....   Wake up, sheeple!  ?

• Haha 1

Sorry, silly me, everybody has to believe in something and I believe we did land on the moon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Sorry, silly me, everybody has to believe in something and I believe we did land on the moon.

And I believe when we landed someone or something was already there. 

• Confused 1

Devil’s advocate—if the moon has no atmosphere why is the flag waving?  The moon does have gravity, weaker than earth’s gravity, shouldn’t the flag hang straight down?

D3591E3B-AB10-47D5-8869-6FE0A3013FDC.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Devil’s advocate—if the moon has no atmosphere why is the flag waving?  The moon does have gravity, weaker than earth’s gravity, shouldn’t the flag hang straight down?

Here is a pretty simple explanation. https://www.history.com/news/moon-landing-fake-conspiracy-theories Next thing people are going to ask who was filming Neil as he climbed down the ladder.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

And I believe when we landed someone or something was already there. 

exactly why what was released,is at best staged,redacted and scripted,

splian quality,clarity and shot blocking/set up.....wait those have gone missing

• Like 1