Update stinks

MTO

Clear your browser’s cookies and cache. If you need help with this, please let me know what browser you have and I can walk you through it.

2 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Clear your browser’s cookies and cache. If you need help with this, please let me know what browser you have and I can walk you through it.

I have done that, and just cleared all again BJ and still when i click on the circle or star to go to unread posts, it takes me to the member statistics page too often. 

I got in the habit of copying my replies so if they disappear when I hit reply, I can just hit paste and try again. 

it is a bit of a pain though. 

Hope the upgrade made things easier on your end.

The rocket thingy seems a bit silly to me and distracts from the avatar pic. 

I kind of preferred the look of the posts and amount of information and the way it was presented before. 

I hope you take this as constructive criticism and my opinion only. 

Thank you for all you do. 

Jeff

OK this is my third try on this one.

Nope, took me three tries to submit a post in 10 dangerous jobs thread

I'm done for the night, outta paitience

Cleared here also.

Make a comment, hit submit and black submit box turns gray and says saving and won't post.

Same with my pc.

For those who are having trouble, what browser and version number are you using?

27 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

For those who are having trouble, what browser and version number are you using?

Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (official build) (64bit)

25 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (official build) (64bit)

Thanks. I'll keep working on a solution. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Thanks. I'll keep working on a solution. 

I just cleared the cache on the server. Hopefully this will allow it to only serve the new versions of the forum's files.

• Thanks 1

Just a fyi update for ya BJ. 

Still disappearing posts when I hit submit.

Still redirect to a wrong page if I click on a notification or post

@FarmallFan

Try using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. I can’t reproduce your issue, neither can the support team.

6 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Try using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. I can’t reproduce your issue, neither can the support team.

On FireFox now. Thought it was going better then tried to hit a notification and took me to main forums page twice.

Tried to click on this thread and took me to member statistics page.

FYI, In the last week or so, If I try to reply to a post, when I hit "Submit Reply", it just sets there with "Saving" button slightly lit. I get out, get back in, clear editor and retry. Third time I try it, it will work.

I use  the Google Chrome version as noted above but over the last week it still hangs up on my replies until I log out, clear the cache and then I can repost.  What else can I do to resolve this?

10 hours ago, td9bcf180 said:

I use  the Google Chrome version as noted above but over the last week it still hangs up on my replies until I log out, clear the cache and then I can repost.  What else can I do to resolve this?

When you clear the cache, what time range do you select? I would recommend choosing "All time". 

That's what I chose- "All time".  Still wants to freeze up on "Saving".

I think that you are doing a heck of a job with the site and would like to thank you for all the hard work that you put into it. Not one person came back on after the problems were solved and said "Thank You" So I will say it for them, Keep up the good work and Thanks!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I went the night without losing a post or being misdirected.

I will be second to offer my gratitude.

What did you have to do on your end BJ?

@FarmallFan

I didn't do anything. I think the real underlying issue is because the company we host the forum with changed their server provider and I think there was data that got cached that had not been refreshed. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:17 PM, sandhiller said:

I have done that, and just cleared all again BJ and still when i click on the circle or star to go to unread posts, it takes me to the member statistics page too often. 

I got in the habit of copying my replies so if they disappear when I hit reply, I can just hit paste and try again. 

it is a bit of a pain though. 

Hope the upgrade made things easier on your end.

The rocket thingy seems a bit silly to me and distracts from the avatar pic. 

I kind of preferred the look of the posts and amount of information and the way it was presented before. 

I hope you take this as constructive criticism and my opinion only. 

Thank you for all you do. 

Jeff

I have the exact same issues. I also clicked on the 'Bezos' topic 4x and it will take me to the homepage each time.  I have to often open a topic in a new tab in chrome.  I have clearwed cookies etc and have seen no change and also same issues with my Android devices.  Thanks

OK, last night on the road and on my phone, no issues. 

Just got on my laptop and tried to post, it disappeared. 

Copied and it posted the second time. 

Haven't been misdirected yet......................................yet.