Level Lift module on 900 Cyclo Air

We have a 900 8 row that has the level lift/auto marker module on it. Planter won’t raise or lower and markers won’t function either. It has power to the module connecter but not back in the marker control switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Manual says something about an emergency harness to use if module is bad?? 

We Have the Same planter,  Ours also Failed several years ago,   We Paid Big Bucks For this New 900 Cyclo Planter,  all the Bells & Whistles, 

This 900 Planter is How old now?   Ours Has Planted Thousands of Acres.   A Major Piece of Equipment on Our Farm, Needs to Be Kept in excellent condition.

Our Local Dealer sent out a Youngman to fix the problem with A Service truck Loaded with Solenoids & Wire Harness Update Instructions

We Had Made a dozen Passes across the field,   Lifted Quickly when needed but Struggled to go back down. 

The Planter was on a Level field,  Didn't Need the system to think for it self.

Planter would Lift on the Head Lands,  and not go Back into the ground Smoothly or Quickly on the next Round,

The Planter Technician bolted on new parts,..No Improvement    Nothing different,  Checked voltage everywhere,   Changed Hydraulic Ends & Hoses,  Hydraulic Pressure from the 3488 was Excellent at the Planter Level/Lift Unit. 

We have a small Box in the cab for controlling left or Right markers.  We could Make the Markers Work, even though the planter was at Transport Height.

The Next Morning the 900 Planter Had cylinder stops on all 4 Lift cylinders, Changed Hoses to make them 1 way cylinders, Only Lift pressure.

Attached a Older style Lift Marker System for the Markers,  Works Like Dad's old 400 Cyclo 4 row planter, He purchased new in 1972.

I don't Have a Repair Answer for You,

I know what we did in 2002 to Get the Corn Planted.  Never Changed the System back to Auto/Level.

Our 900 Planter will last for the rest of My Life,  Always an Excellent Stand of Corn & Beans, 4 mph is about my Planting speed.

My 2 cents, Jim Droscha

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cool1566 said:

Still trying to eliminate any other simple issues with the harness or solenoids.  New module is over $1000!

Herb Theesfeld has a Tremendous amount of replacement parts for your 900 Cyclo,

Located in Illinois,  I think some fella's on this site live in Herb's Community,  I haven't spoke with him in a few years,

I Think You could Google His Name for Information.

Jim Droscha  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Herb Theesfeld has a Tremendous amount of replacement parts for your 900 Cyclo,

Located in Illinois,  I think some fella's on this site live in Herb's Community,  I haven't spoke with him in a few years,

I Think You could Google His Name for Information.

Jim Droscha  

I believe he’s in Rankin Illinois. 

• Thanks 1

Are the hydraulics on the tractor up to par? I used to pull an 800 with a 1566, one year I was having trouble getting the planter to raise and lower. Turns out the o-ring between the hydraulic pump and the flange was leaking internally so there wasn't enough pressure to open the valves. Fixed the o-ring and life was good again.

• Like 1