Jump to content

Crazy tractor auction prices not just a US thing, here in the UK also!


Alex uk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Collector had an auction of mostly Ford and Ford based tractors last weekend, once again the classic tractor market is on fire in England.  We have seen a few '70's tractors reaching over £30,000 for a Massey 188's and Ford 7000's now .

But this 1983 Ford County 1474 seems to have pushed it up a notch, yes its a rare tractor, but $270,000 rare???

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/used-county-1474-sells-for-196000-in-spectacular-auction

Alex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's really interesting. Is there a photo catalog of the auction? It's love to see that. I love learning about rare tractors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

..thats why the Ford   "County "  conversions are being  hunted down in New Zealand......to be shipped back to the UK.....for that everlovin'  dollar

Mike

..or 'pound'   or "euro " ...whatever it is...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mike newman said:

..thats why the Ford   "County "  conversions are being  hunted down in New Zealand......to be shipped back to the UK.....for that everlovin'  dollar

Mike

..or 'pound'   or "euro " ...whatever it is...

...and Happy BD  Alex...by the way....:)..Hope  you aren't   burdoned down by Boris's     Covid   "protection  methods "

...Don't  suppose you have any IH634  (BD281)    head gaskets cluttering up your work shop ???!!!!

Regards      Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mike newman said:

...and Happy BD  Alex...by the way....:)..Hope  you aren't   burdoned down by Boris's     Covid   "protection  methods "

...Don't  suppose you have any IH634  (BD281)    head gaskets cluttering up your work shop ???!!!!

Regards      Mike

Hey mike. Try Engine fixUK. That’s where I got gaskets pistons and liners from. I think they will ship worldwide. Prices were reasonable as well. Neil is the best one to speak to.  
wish I still had my 634 county.  There are three farms near me that have several different county models. All in a sorry state. I think the owners are hoping they are going to be worth a fortune but they are all sat outside rusting away. 
friend of mine looked at a county 1474 a few years ago for £20000. He turned it down as too expensive. He’s kicking himself now after that suction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 495man said:

Couldn't have been too many County tractors based on the Ford TW made...

According to some sources there were around 40 county tractors build of the model that was auctioned. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After some digging I hopefully have found the sales catalog with the sale results . Tractors are from page 5 , just noticed a IH w4 made £7000, that must be a UK record as well. Never seen the wartime tractors make much more than £4-5000 tops.

Seen there was a IH 634 County in the auction too.

 

https://machinerysales.cheffins.co.uk/auctions/catalog/id/1134/Shrubbs-Farm-Collection-Major-auction-sale-of-over-90-classic-and-vintage-tractors-implements-and-spares-Essex?page=5

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alex uk said:

After some digging I hopefully have found the sales catalog with the sale results . Tractors are from page 5 , just noticed a IH w4 made £7000, that must be a UK record as well. Never seen the wartime tractors make much more than £4-5000 tops.

Seen there was a IH 634 County in the auction too.

 

https://machinerysales.cheffins.co.uk/auctions/catalog/id/1134/Shrubbs-Farm-Collection-Major-auction-sale-of-over-90-classic-and-vintage-tractors-implements-and-spares-Essex?page=5

Big bucks for a W-4, looks like it's in good shape.

https://machinerysales.cheffins.co.uk/lot-details/index/catalog/1134/lot/502924/McCORMICK-W4-Standard-4cylinder-petrol-TRACTOR-Serial-No-WBH22691WI-Fitted-with-rear-wheel-weights-and-side-pulley-on-13-6-12-26?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F1134%2FShrubbs-Farm-Collection-Major-auction-sale-of-over-90-classic-and-vintage-tractors-implements-and-spares-Essex%3Fpage%3D6

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...