Modern battery chargers, desulfating and stepped voltage

acem

Anyone have any experience with battery chargers that desulfate batteries and have other modern features like automatic stepped voltage, etc?

I was looking for this but didn't like the reviews...

dewalt-car-battery-chargers-dxaec801b-64_1000.jpg

No experience with that one. Do have a few electronic battery savers. Don't expect to pull a battery out of the scrap pile and make a new one of it. If a battery is completely discharged. You will still need an old battery boiler to wake it up before that one will do any thing.

had a schumacker i think the 3 rd time i used it it quit. out of warranty they wanted me to ship it to them for unknown repair cost. i won't buy another from them.

6 hours ago, acem said:

Anyone have any experience with battery chargers that desulfate batteries and have other modern features like automatic stepped voltage, etc?

I was looking for this but didn't like the reviews...

dewalt-car-battery-chargers-dxaec801b-64_1000.jpg

i have one desulfate unit, seems to work fine - its a little battery minder unit 1.5 amp max output - all my others are old school - if you get one down too low the new stuff wont apply juice slowly over a period of time to get them woke up again seems to be the case for me - they just turn off/on off/on so i got rid of them and bought some old klunkers at garage sales/flea markets 2 to 6 amp type units i got a 10amp and then a whopper i need to build a cart for

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mark60 said:

had a schumacker i think the 3 rd time i used it it quit. out of warranty they wanted me to ship it to them for unknown repair cost. i won't buy another from them.

+1 on that, I have had terrible luck with those lately. Years ago they seemed to be as good as it got, but sadly that’s no longer the case. 

My local tool shop sells Associated chargers. I have had good luck with them. If I have trouble the place I bought it from also repairs them. 

have a bunch of these name brand not knock offs

https://www.batteryminders.com/

and they have kept old batteries on the shelf for 5-6 yrs....had 20 in the fleet but down to 5 now as we dont run much with UNrelaible parts, and china %&^%* let the door hit you batteries.

the solor was the only one that could not keep up, rest will keep 2-3 in pairs if identical