656D loader

Does anybody have any pictures of how they plumbed a loader on a 656 diesel with a 2 point and a manual transmission? I have a few different ideas, but wanted to see what you guys did.  

Are you using a joystick?

Do you want an outlet free while using the loader?

I run the tilt and raise off the two valves on my 656.  It is equipped with the remote outlets on both sides of the dash tower, so the hoses are nice and short. The 2 levers beside the seat are simple and handy to use.  I have 4 extension hoses for removing the loader. (They also are used on the hoist wagons too.)

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Are you using a joystick?

Do you want an outlet free while using the loader?

I run the tilt and raise off the two valves on my 656.  It is equipped with the remote outlets on both sides of the dash tower, so the hoses are nice and short. The 2 levers beside the seat are simple and handy to use.  I have 4 extension hoses for removing the loader. (They also are used on the hoist wagons too.)

hooked ours up on the 706 like that, put ball valves on them so when i wanted to use the rear remotes it held the loader up - cha ching!!!

took loader off 706 and sold it so now just use the skid steer put a 2355 on the 5088

I run a pto pump.

Need three functions for loader.

Leaves remotes free.

I only have 1 remote in the back and I would like the PTO free.   I have a 3 spool valve. I would like to use that and add a grapple.   I did consider running off my rear remotes, and then adding a spool valve and running that to the rear to make an extra remote.  How’s rev I would rather tap into the the pressure and return line and run that into my spool valve.   I bought a repair manual, but I’m still not sure what lines are what.  

20 minutes ago, Tom74 said:

I only have 1 remote in the back and I would like the PTO free.   I have a 3 spool valve. I would like to use that and add a grapple.   I did consider running off my rear remotes, and then adding a spool valve and running that to the rear to make an extra remote.  How’s rev I would rather tap into the the pressure and return line and run that into my spool valve.   I bought a repair manual, but I’m still not sure what lines are what.  

This gets complicated. The correct way would be a power beyond plate at the auxillary valve. Probability is that your valve has end plate built in. That would require a different valve and power beyond plate.

What you want to do would require that your three spool have a power beyond function. Then you would be limited to the output of one pump.

Tractor has two pumps piggy back mounted to plate on left side of TA housing. Front line coming off that cover goes up to steering flow divider. What is left over is sent to auxillary. Rear line off that plate goes to hitch. If hitch is not using it combines with other pump for auxillary.

You can use either hitch supply or line from flow divider to auxillary as your supply. Power beyond from three spool would go to which ever function you interupted and then a return to tank. I know of no way to get combined flow without using auxillary or power beyond at auxillary.

• Like 1

It's complicated because the 656 hydraulic system is for all intents and purposes, an open center system. You can't just "tee in" to the pressure line, because an open center system needs a single path for the hydraulic oil to flow. Tee in, and you create two paths. Create two paths, and nothing works.

That’s what I was worried about.  Maybe it would be easier to use the pto pump I have.   I don’t think I can put a PBY valve on this tractor.   There is no cap on the valves to tap into, and looking online, I did not see one for this tractor.  

3 hours ago, Tom74 said:

That’s what I was worried about.  Maybe it would be easier to use the pto pump I have.   I don’t think I can put a PBY valve on this tractor.   There is no cap on the valves to tap into, and looking online, I did not see one for this tractor.  

You can add another valve to the stack and use end valve as your power beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I got this figured out.    I found a used “open” aux valve for $150.00.   I’ll replace my valve with the open one and a power beyond plate.    Thank you for all the advise!

4 hours ago, Tom74 said:

Ok guys, I got this figured out.    I found a used “open” aux valve for $150.00.   I’ll replace my valve with the open one and a power beyond plate.    Thank you for all the advise!

You can put your new valve between your present valve and the mounting block. Then use present valve as power beyond or as second auxillary if loader is removed