Restaurant behavior fail

MTO

Sledge spoke of the "horse people" acting up.

How about our local racist catholic church preacher?

I know the Heffner family. Good people.

Screenshot_20210703-115822_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-115855_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-115908_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-115923_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

I REALLY dont think I could have sit idly by had I been a diner during this.

May have found a pitcher of ice water to douse the honorable reverend's temper.

Then as they say, that's when the fight started...??

• Like 3

Is that guy always like that or is he on the pipe ?

Not up to us to judge everyone but WTH is wrong with people ?

I joke and use sarcasm as a way to deal with things but I believe everyone is equal until they decide they are not. This applies to " better than me's " and the "it's someone else's fault " people.

If that was me and I was feeling testy I would have been happy to move.

If I wasn't feeling testy I might have tried to join the conversation 90 years is an accomplishment

Quite unlike any Catholic priest, or priest, rabbi, or minister I've ever encountered. I'd be a little suspect at the story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would have walked over knelt down and prayed for the man right in front of him. Almost like “heaping burning coals upon his head” ?

• Like 3

This shows mental instability, it doesn’t mention the timeline but why weren’t the police called, politicians have placed the police so far into a corner that people do not seem to want to call them, and they should be especially when the waitress was called on to do her job and then verbally abused.

Other than maybe saying a piece to try to deescalate the incident the mentions of cold water and anything physical will only get you in trouble over and above the original situation and probably have you charged with an assault.

Also the nutbar may be armed with who knows what and that also could put a samaritan in harms way, this whole situation screams police intervention, and I for one would not hesitate to call them, if people think not calling police, handcuffing police by so-called defunding, or protesting police actions, psychotic situations like this are going to get more and more common.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

than maybe saying a piece to try to deescalate the incident the mentions of cold water and anything physical will only get you in trouble over and above the original situation and probably have you charged with an assault.

So, not unlike many US citizens sitting on their hands during the antics of the most pathetic excuse of a POTUS, fear of charges is the excuse?

No Snake, I strongly disagree with that logic.

That man, or facsimile of, would have had me in his face pronto.

Not touching but a piece of plastigage would have not fit the gap.

This behavior is up to all of us to extinguish.

Accountability between men. 

Simple stuff imo.

Like J-mech learned.

Doubt a judge would disagree.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I didnt say anything about sitting on your hands, I said speaking up to deescalate, big difference.

The Heffners and waitress did

13 minutes ago, MTO said:

But when someone, preacher or not, is yelling in a restaurant and spouting racism, time to lay down the fork.

No problem laying down the fork, just don't put yourself in harms way legally or physically.

• Like 1

Oh now. I'm 6'4 and weigh in over 300. Shoulders as wide as most doorways. I'd of just sat down next to him with my arm around his neck and whispered in his ear a little. ?

That usually quiets people down pretty quick. If not I pinch their head off with one hand. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Oh now. I'm 6'4 and weigh in over 300. Shoulders as wide as most doorways. I'd of just sat down next to him with my arm around his neck and whispered in his ear a little. ?

That usually quiets people down pretty quick. If not I pinch their head off with one hand. 

Sound a little bit like a mother at a basketball game a couple of years ago .Story come directly from the one reffing the game. A mother was yelling at the refs from the start of the game about every thing. Finally about half way through the second quarter ref calls an officials time out . Ref went over to the mother sat down beside her and explained to her he had the whistle and knows the rules of the game and she don't put a cap on it right now the next whistle she will  be outside waiting for her kid. Never heard another peep out of her the rest of the game.  Some people learn in a hurry and some will never learn.

• Like 3

Just now, Timothy56 said:

Sound a little bit like a mother at a basketball game a couple of years ago .Story come directly from the one reffing the game. A mother was yelling at the refs from the start of the game about every thing. Finally about half way through the second quarter ref calls an officials time out . Ref went over to the mother sat down beside her and explained to her he had the whistle and knows the rules of the game and she don't put a cap on it right now the next whistle she will  be outside waiting for her kid. Never heard another peep out of her the rest of the game.  Some people learn in a hurry and some will never learn.

Yep. Never hurts to try. 

This fella might of been a little wound for sound. 

4 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I didnt say anything about sitting on your hands, I said speaking up to deescalate, big difference.

Snake, I'm apologize if I came across offensive. Not my intention in any way.

32 minutes ago, MTO said:

Snake, I'm apologize if I came across offensive. Not my intention in any way.

Nothing taken, a lot of times I'm speaking in kanadian, and we basically have no right to self defense unless it is absolutely life threatening and even then be prepared to a trip to jail and charges, also I know exactly what you mean with your main point.

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Ya see? Thats what I mean about deescalate, sitting down and explaining in a quiet demeanour.

7 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Ya see? Thats what I mean about deescalate, sitting down and explaining in a quiet demeanour.

Lol. That dont work for 90% of the population. If someone is mad and you start calmly talking to them you just can't get through to most. When a big guy does it they think about it. Especially when your relocating an ear. sometimes you have to hold on to their ear to make sure they are listening. Snake I see where your headed but would love to watch you give it a try calmly. my guess is that's what the others did. 

You Know I've been that mad before. Once ? And I dont hear people either. At that point I'm way too mad. As I get older I am learning how to NOT do that. Walk away. 

• Like 1

It doesn't say but was there alcohol involved. The actions don't make sense to me unless he was intoxicated.....still no excuse but? 

• Like 1

Calm down.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

In my many years working on the road I have dealt with a few people who acted that way. I believe 99.9% of them believe no one will hold them accountable or touch them. I firmly believe if they are hurt bad enough for their actions they will not try it again. Case in point, in the late 90's my welding partner's helper was a total prick always starting stuff but off the job. We came out of the motel one morning and found him in the parking lot barely breathing. Broken nose, cheek bone, jaw, collar bones, a few ribs. Front lower teeth gone, one nut split and one ear barley hanging on. Called ambulance and they took him away. 2 months later he came back to work, the most meek person you ever saw. I asked him if he learned anything. He said yes when you wake up every morning in pain you wont do stupid stuff. Found out he was making fun of a downs child in a restruant and a guy who wouldn't weigh 100 pounds gave him a adjustment. I asked him why you never started anything with us? He said I knew for a fact you guys would stop me permanently. 

• Like 3