Off color and silly question

Getting ready to double crop some soybeans with my 750 drill.  Thinking of locking up the front gang and go to 15" rows.  If I plant 90Lbs/Ac with 7-1/2" rows, do I double the setting to 180Lbs/Ac with 15" rows since half of the drill is blocked off?

Late season you want the narrowest rows possible so there are more plants getting the ever shortening daylight. 90# seems excessive even late planted for me was never past 70# per acee it’s all about seeds per acre. 

Yes your thought process is correct for using 1/2 the rows and keeping planted seed rate the same. No comment on what row width or seed/plants per acre.

I guess I need a handful of soybeans to plant. As far as I know nobody grows soybeans in Calif. But other beans like pinto, pinks, and garbanzo where grown back 50 years ago. 

On 7/2/2021 at 5:23 AM, jass1660 said:

Late season you want the narrowest rows possible so there are more plants getting the ever shortening daylight. 90# seems excessive even late planted for me was never past 70# per acee it’s all about seeds per acre. 

It would depend on seeds per pound.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, ray54 said:

Yes your thought process is correct for using 1/2 the rows and keeping planted seed rate the same. No comment on what row width or seed/plants per acre.

I guess I need a handful of soybeans to plant. As far as I know nobody grows soybeans in Calif. But other beans like pinto, pinks, and garbanzo where grown back 50 years ago. 

At least he's got a thought process. Mine usually entails throwing everything in a jar, shaking it up and seeing what rolls out, thats if it's working at all, most always it's what they said about my thought process in school "absent".