Can someone identify these plants

oleman

My get ahead of me neighbor planted these plants outside her yard fence.

A couple of years I had some and eradicated them because us farm folks thought they were Mares Tail.

I have been outdone by a Retired Lady School Teacher, on ID'ing plants.

IMG_3480.JPG

It sure looks like mares tale to me.  As it matures it gets very tough to cut with a weed eater.  Even with .95 or 1.05 string it will chew the string right off.

• Like 1

Looks like a weed to me. 

Shouldn't tell this but wife went in to help clean up kids landscaping a couple weeks ago. Was proudly telling me the area she cleaned up. Couple days later we were both in at kids house and it did look nice but I pointed at a plant and said I thought you cleaned this up? She said I did why. Well how come you didn't pull up this milkweed I says. She says is that what that is? We thought it was suppose to be here. It had a pretty purple flower. I said yes that's what it is. Also another plant I see growing in the pasture was residing in landscaping  too........same deal. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Looks like a weed to me. 

Shouldn't tell this but wife went in to help clean up kids landscaping a couple weeks ago. Was proudly telling me the area she cleaned up. Couple days later we were both in at kids house and it did look nice but I pointed at a plant and said I thought you cleaned this up? She said I did why. Well how come you didn't pull up this milkweed I says. She says is that what that is? We thought it was suppose to be here. It had a pretty purple flower. I said yes that's what it is. Also another plant I see growing in the pasture was residing in landscaping  too........same deal. ??‍♂️

There was a guy who was a crop scout for Agway around here 20 years ago. He was at the state game lands and saw the most beautiful rhubarb plant and despite knowing it was illegal he dug it up and transplanted it in his garden where it blossomed into a huge burdock ;)

• Haha 6

Around here along I-80 the Iowa highway dept waits until all the thistles are ready to go to seed before they mow them. Because the purple flowers are so pretty and they are considered natural.  Yep, natural all right. Until they are all in your pasture.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Looks like a weed to me. 

We need to keep the milkweed or we won’t have any monarchs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

We need to keep the milkweed or we won’t have any monarchs. 

There are more than a few milkweeds that escaped destruction in the pasture.....tho I don't recall seeing many butterflies for a few years....

Mares tail for sure. KFC in Sioux Falls a couple years back had them springing up in the rocks out front. Wanted to pull in and pull them out.

8 hours ago, MTO said:

As it is used to treat bleeding hemorrhoids..

Maybe she suffers with such

Please don’t get into details about how you use it to treat bleeding hemorrhoids 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MTO said:

As it is used to treat bleeding hemorrhoids..

Maybe she suffers with such

So if you’re looking for Morning Glory hemorrhoid treatment to relieve the pain of your inflamed hemorrhoids, our expert partner physicians offer the quick, easy, and painless CRH O’Regan banding system. Take the first step on the path to being hemorrhoid-free by contacting a Morning Glory doctor near you.

13 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

So if you’re looking for Morning Glory hemorrhoid treatment to relieve the pain of your inflamed hemorrhoids, our expert partner physicians offer the quick, easy, and painless CRH O’Regan banding system. Take the first step on the path to being hemorrhoid-free by contacting a Morning Glory doctor near you.

Where do you people find this stuff? 

• Haha 1