Question on value of this IH clock ?

Looking for what people have paid or value for these clocks. Restored or not ? These are dealer clocks from the 1950s. That also has neon around outside edge !

IH dealer clock.jpg

• Confused 1

Have no idea it`s value but if I saw one, in working order, for $100 I`d consider it but not $200. 

Why would you sell it though?

THAT is COOL!

Just checking on what there worth.. Looking to buy one ?

If I was lookin' to buy one they would be scarce as hens teeth and $500 all day long. 

If I had one to sell I couldn't get a Benjamin for it if I tacked a Grant to it. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff your starting to sound like my luck, I could bet on a one horse race it would stumble out of the gate break it’s leg and shoot it

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Last one I tried to buy made four digits in front of the decimal! I really don't think you will buy one that is advertised for less than a $1000.

THIS!   Mecum's Gone Farmin' auction sells A LOT of this stuff, dealer signs, the promotional signs from the Brass Tack tractors, White Demosnstrators, even the newer stuff like the Red Power decals bring CRAZY high prices.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:25 PM, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Last one I tried to buy made four digits in front of the decimal! I really don't think you will buy one that is advertised for less than a $1000.

Glad someone finally posted a realistic price.  That would be $1500 and up around here all day long. 

• Like 1

The building I used to rent for my shop was an IH dealership until the mid 70's then rented out after that. It had a clock just like that on the wall. A guy in town whose granpa owned the dealership at one time wanted to buy it in the worst way. I couldn't sell it to him since it wasm't mine. I told the owners of the building about it and they took it home. They have both passed away since then and some of their children probably have it. The building is gone now and the Coop put up a new feed mill. 

2 hours ago, acem said:

Cool clock but it's worth a grand??? Wow!

My job, for about 20+ years, was a neon sign engineer/mechanical designer.  We regularly charged $500 to build a client's prototype.  ....we lost money on every single one. (which is OK as long as you land the contract)

Could you build this for $1000?  Even if you had the extrusion and the screened face, probably not.  (simple extrusion dies like this one run around $2000 nowadays; printing films and screens around $500)

That said, I would not part with 10 of my hard-earned bennies for it....maybe 2 or three - but that's just me.

Thanks

Mark

I`ve seen two sell now in the last year first one brought $500 second was was about a month ago and brought $600. I would have loved to have one but they were out of my price range. I was actually runner up on the $500 one.

• Like 1

another 20 yrs when our generations are gone they will be trying to give them away like some of the cars that people used to restore that no one wants 

• Like 1

We’re all just custodians of this stuff while we’re here.  

13 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

another 20 yrs when our generations are gone they will be trying to give them away like some of the cars that people used to restore that no one wants 

it’s already happening in some circles. 
When I was neck deep full boar restoring antique motorcycles it was mostly middle aged or older men specializing in certain things. I had a magneto expert, passed away now. I had a seat guy, passed away now. I had a very gifted machinist,  retired now. I had several other guys here and there who specialized in this and that but are all out of it now.  A few younger guys are trying to fill in the gaps but the quality of their work isn’t near as good .  The swap meets I traveled all over the world to are dieing  out and now the parts you find are mostly poor quality reproduction . 

It dosent seam like the younger generation is as passionate about this old stuff as we are. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

It dosent seam like the younger generation is as passionate about this old stuff as we are. 

agreed we are just stewards of whatever we are engaged or blessed with while here, our children included are a true gift ( i sometimes wonder what kind of a gift i was for my parents at a given point, more like a knucklehead ) 

so many things in our culture/generations have shifted and passions about what we hold dear have shifted to their culture and passions - they will be collecting 1990s cars, 2000s ball gloves, old ps2 units and some special rare game that went with it, a gen 1 apple watch, a gen 1 ipod, a 2000 harley, blah blah blah.........

or maybe not, we have raised them in a society of dont get attached, things just are made to throw away and get new, for me, my kids know me and see me be a pincher, I resurrect things that would have long been cast to the scrapyard. I dont need new. 

Its interesting to see the turn/change - honestly i am glad i wont be here to see it im storing up my treasures elsewhere. 

• Like 2

There’s a few of us young guys that will try to keep the torch burning. Sadly I don’t think it’ll be nearly as big. By the time I’m an old man a Letter Series Tractor will be well over 100 years old. They’ll be a lot to try to save from going to scrap I would guess.