Road Closed

Gearclash

Did they get a flat tire? How's the permitting process going after the move started ? 

53 minutes ago, bitty said:

Did they get a flat tire? How's the permitting process going after the move started ? 

Thats what the building is for so they can change the tire and stay dry?

• Haha 4

No matter what’s wrong with the trailer it’s in the shop for repair, shop rates apply, not mobile 

• Haha 2

I think the movers ran out of time that day.  That building is rather tall and it looked like it was a time consuming process to get under 3 phase power lines.  They need to turn right at the intersection ahead, then travel about a half a mile down a paved county road to get to their destination.

Having looked into moving a 2 story house once, all I can think is that they must have gotten the building free and the movers must have bid cheap.  It costs pretty dearly to have the electric utility companies come out and lift lines for something like that.

• Like 1

the crew was from out of town, they stopped for dinner and a slumber party - union break ( i can say that my dad was union all his life ) my daughter is union also. if that offends you, lighten up francess isnt this the joke thread - they should be up and around by 10am and get off around 3pm 

• Like 2

They got it to its destination today.  My guess is they had hydraulics on the running gear under than building so they could lift it up and go over obstacles like mailboxes and bridge railings.  I’m thinking they pulled road signs out so they could pass.  That was a wide building to be moving.  As a point of reference, a typical road right of way such as where that building is pictured parked is 66 feet, so there should be about 66’ from crop to crop on either side of the road.  I’m guessing the building was 50’ wide.