auction today super h, and 200 , also an h

pt756

there was a auction sale today, it was at r.j stockwell, auction time, we are only a few miles from the site, there was a super h with power steering on it, you could see the hole cut in top of hood for the oil tank, that brought 4000, a 200 all pretty brought 3300, and a 52 h, narrow front which i had the second to the last bid sold for 1100, it had new tires on and was straight, the only thing i didnt care for was the 11,4 by 38 tires on it, while they were new, said farm king on the side, i sure wish they would of been 13 by 38 instead, never heard of farm king before, have they been around? pictures are on auction time, as i am unable to provide them here,

I know Tractor Supply stores back in the 1960's sold Harvest King tires, not sure who picked up the brand next, maybe some place like Blain's Farm & Fleet or Miil's Fleet-Farm. But hard telling who all may have been involved with actually making the tires.

That's a nice looking stage 2 Super H,  Dad's '51 M has that same style Char-Lynn Power steering, but the reservoir is totally under the hood, no hole in the M's.  The system leaks a little, and I only have to remove the hood and top up the fluid every FIVE years.  But I only run it every two years.

I keep hoping some auto company creates an electric power steering system that can be installed onto an H. I have a loader on my '54 SH and it steers HARD. It has 2-way live hyd, I typically raise frt tires off the ground for large changes in direction.

Don't know where my supplier gets them, but Hanson tire in Minnesota handles harvest king. We put them on our forage boxes. They seem to be holding up well this far.