Help please

Got my glow plugs in yesterday. Fires up pretty good. Two problems I got now. It drips green coolant when engine is more than idle????

left side of tractor behind frame it was dripping oil pretty good when you crunk it up today. It’s coming from a flat plate. That’s the best way I can describe it. I’ll include a picture. Thanks in advance.

0BF6FA45-CDCE-4E1F-ACDD-26D9C14C602A.jpeg

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, mmi said:

more info.....?

assume you are showing an oil cooler.....

Yes Oil cooler!!  We Have replaced several Coolers over the Years.

Now,  What caused the Leaking to start? 

Tractor Had Weak Anti-Freeze one winter?  Cooler could have been damaged by the reassembly of the engine?

Rubber Hoses leaking to the Cooler or Weak hose clamps?

You can remove the unit and apply a small amount of air pressure to the coolant side to determine if the cooler has Failed.

These are easily removed, Simple to reinstall a new unit.

My 2 cents, Jim Droscha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Yes Oil cooler!!  We Have replaced several Coolers over the Years.

Now,  What caused the Leaking to start? 

Tractor Had Weak Anti-Freeze one winter?  Cooler could have been damaged by the reassembly of the engine?

Rubber Hoses leaking to the Cooler or Weak hose clamps?

You can remove the unit and apply a small amount of air pressure to the coolant side to determine if the cooler has Failed.

These are easily removed, Simple to reinstall a new unit.

My 2 cents, Jim Droscha

From the best I can tell the rubber and clamps are ok. It seems to be leaking from a top bolt that I am having the dickens getting to. I don’t remember it doing this ever before. Like it just happened.

8 minutes ago, Turner03 said:

From the best I can tell the rubber and clamps are ok. It seems to be leaking from a top bolt that I am having the dickens getting to. I don’t remember it doing this ever before. Like it just happened.

Ya prolly got to pull the frame rail off to get to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What others have said, do the simple first. From the pic it appears it's either the ferule/flare on the end of the pipe or an o-ring/gasket on the fitting. Have had flared fittings fail and no amount of tightening will prevent a leak.