856 TA Job

I'm going back together with the first hydraulic TA I've ever installed. I've done several mechanical TA's on our smaller frame tractors. The bag with the quill gear shims and o-ring from Hy-Cap had a metal "pin" in it- roughly 3/8 diameter and maybe 1/2" long. I don't recall seeing anything like it pulling the old one out. What is it for and where does it go? Thanks in advance- seems fairly straight forward but I don't want to screw anything up.

you can remove the spring and plastic valve behind the mcv at lower right corner and install that plug instead      u wont have steering or brakes when its not running       reason so is sometimes those valves can give trouble but not to often

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 8:54 PM, 560DT said:

you can remove the spring and plastic valve behind the mcv at lower right corner and install that plug instead      u wont have steering or brakes when its not running       reason so is sometimes those valves can give trouble but not to often

so do all IH have this feature so when the engine dies you have brakes/steering ? would this be an actual safety feature ? example, going up steep hill, engine runs out of power and didnt clutch soon enuff, now you are speeding out of control backwards with no steering or brakes ? 

The check valve was for steering make up fluid. The brake valve had a reservoir at the top of valve for backup. All models with the mcv on the side had it.

There was also a check valve at top of mcv to keep brakes from draining back.

I used that plug when I did a Hycap torque once No issues