Rain ?

Finally got some rain here.  Got 1.5" over 3 rains. Still going. Much much needed. Sprayed some corn today thinking I could pull it off. Well an hour later it was pouring. ?

Using generic buccaneer and jug says under rainfast: it may wash off. Lmao. Guess I'll be re doing that. Funny how happy I was to see some rain then a couple days later I was using some working words. 

I'm just happy to see our grass and crops get a drink. 

• Like 3

Here too. Had right at 1” between Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Very much needed, a lot of corn rolling up pretty tight around here. 

Saying a good chance of rain here every day this week I heard. Haven't checked guess I'll take what ever happens.

Really spotty here. I’ve had less than a tenth in the last several days. Neighbor 3/4 mile north had .25” yesterday. Just depends on what cloud you are under. 

• Like 2

Got crapped on Friday.  Local area freeways were flooded so the locals were out swimming in it and one even had out a jet ski.  Dampened my trip to the National Threshers Reunion in Wauseon Ohio but what can you do.   Supposed to rain every day till the 5th of July. 

Rain...down 3.5 inches out of 14 average for the year... And down 2 inches for June. Worst drought since 88 the some are saying

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Finally got some rain here.  Got 1.5" over 3 rains. Still going. Much much needed. Sprayed some corn today thinking I could pull it off. Well an hour later it was pouring. ?

Using generic buccaneer and jug says under rainfast: it may wash off. Lmao. Guess I'll be re doing that. Funny how happy I was to see some rain then a couple days later I was using some working words. 

Buccaneer should be rain fast in an hour- most f the 4 lb ae formulations were. I’d give it a goo chance before I re-sprayed. You may be surprised. 

We had 3/4 inch on Friday . The wheat crop here and forage ,hay , pastures are bad. The soybeans might make something with a few more rains though. We have had about 4 inches of moisture total since last October. About 40 miles south they are a couple inches ahead , along Canadian border they had a big rain 4 inches a couple weeks ago so stuff is better there. They say this is driest in history of record keeping for some areas in the state. We live in the center of black circle it isn’t pretty here. Around 1000 to 1500 pairs a week going through local sales barn. Ranchers are just selling what they can’t feed or afford to keep.

0A12730F-207E-4CF9-B293-C6371922D89A.png

157B39CA-5AA7-4496-8C7A-47C06045B021.jpeg

• Like 1

We are now in a rainy season in mid Mi. Wes getting barely enough to keep things going. Now over 9 in as of Thursday,,  rain every day in to next week Sat.  wet wet now. No excuse not to go to red power ?

12 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Got around 1.75 since Friday. Oldest boy lives in Columbia and said it was flooded out up there. 

Storm came in some time last night with some wind. Must of got another 1/2" by the way it was pounding the roof. I'd say my spray job is toast. One of the drawbacks to generics I guess is rainfast time. At the very least the jug gives no time for rainfast. I've always said if it dries on the plant it should be ok. But that's what I tell people to make them feel better ?

Nice light rain here in northern Illinois, over the last few days about 1.75 - 2” still 7 or 8 short but gives new life to hay and corn?

2 hours ago, Craig61019 said:

Nice light rain here in northern Illinois, over the last few days about 1.75 - 2” still 7 or 8 short but gives new life to hay and corn?

That all?

Starting on the 18th of June til now, we're at 10 inches of rain and more in the forecast. The 17th things were looking pretty rough here. We were dryer than a popcorn fart and it was showing. Then the heavens opened up and now we have water standing in places. Dad, my brother and I were discussing that we have never seen it switch from one extreme to another so abruptly and thoroughly.

The other interesting thing that has been happening to us is that we've been getting storms first thing in the morning. Been a long time since we've been able to get storms to hold together overnight to get rain in the morning. Usually they are petering out by the time morning comes and they hardly make it across the lake. Usually triggering our annual summer flash drought. That hasn't happened during this rainy spell. 

13e.jpg

We have watched the storms go north of us and south of us, was told central Illinois got several inches and the storm that hit you dropped several inches in the Madison Wisconsin areas ?

Hate to say this cause I know it's hard everywhere, but listening to the AG weather report for nationwide last night  it ain't gonna be good. Appears the only area to hold up well might be the Southeast with somewhat normal precipitation. The entire Midwest and west coast including the PNW are gonna be very very dry. In my area of the PNW experience is telling me that it's dry now, just wait awhile. it's gonna get dryer. We typically see very little if any rain mid June through August. I'm afraid it's gonna last into Nov at the earliest here, and with the temp already setting records daily, now well over a Hunert, holy smoking succotash, don't even fart loud it's gonna cause a fire. 

27 minutes ago, N S said:

Hate to say this cause I know it's hard everywhere, but listening to the AG weather report for nationwide last night  it ain't gonna be good. Appears the only area to hold up well might be the Southeast with somewhat normal precipitation. The entire Midwest and west coast including the PNW are gonna be very very dry. In my area of the PNW experience is telling me that it's dry now, just wait awhile. it's gonna get dryer. We typically see very little if any rain mid June through August. I'm afraid it's gonna last into Nov at the earliest here, and with the temp already setting records daily, now well over a Hunert, holy smoking succotash, don't even fart loud it's gonna cause a fire. 

Hope your wrong. We were sure headed that way here. Normally it takes a hurricane to disrupt the weather pattern. So it seems 

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

That all?

Starting on the 18th of June til now, we're at 10 inches of rain and more in the forecast. The 17th things were looking pretty rough here. We were dryer than a popcorn fart and it was showing. Then the heavens opened up and now we have water standing in places. Dad, my brother and I were discussing that we have never seen it switch from one extreme to another so abruptly and thoroughly.

The other interesting thing that has been happening to us is that we've been getting storms first thing in the morning. Been a long time since we've been able to get storms to hold together overnight to get rain in the morning. Usually they are petering out by the time morning comes and they hardly make it across the lake. Usually triggering our annual summer flash drought. That hasn't happened during this rainy spell. 

13e.jpg

My part of northeast Illinois I’m only at 3.5” since it finally started raining 8 days ago.

Had another 8/10s last night. 

Looks like the folks in the mid south got a bit of a reprieve. Good for that and I'm happy to hear it. Forecast up here in PNW land not so rosy, I've been here the majority of my adult life and historically it has never been this hot for this long this early in the year. I recall temps reaching 95-100 for a few days along about end of July/Aug, and a few weeks of upper 80's low 90's. This 100 plus is forecast to last for weeks. 20-30 deg above normal.  But then winters a coming, even if it is forecast to be abnormally dry.

Well, ****, there's always next year.