My new project

Wes806

I Know it's not a red H or M. Allis Chalmers WD. Traded some of my labor for it. Now to get it running. Engine does turn over. Been sitting for a few years.

IMG_20210627_160851924_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210627_160916605_HDR.jpg

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

I Know it's not a red H or M. Allis Chalmers WD. Traded some of my labor for it. Now to get it running. Engine does turn over. Been sitting for a few years.

IMG_20210627_160851924_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210627_160916605_HDR.jpg

A lot of WD's and WD45"s around here when I was a kid.  Never got to run one though.

• Like 1

Just now, 766 Man said:

A lot of WD's and WD45"s around here when I was a kid.  Never got to run one though.

II never ran one either. Thought it might be a nice little outfit to take to plow days instead of hauling the 806 and 4 bottom plow.

those are great - neighbor had one, never complained about it and i heard it running a lot, closest ive been to using one is a D17 and that was a descent tractor 

• Like 1

Nice machines, first tractor I went on my own with when I raked hay for my great uncle. I was 8-9 years old. Made one pass with me to show me where to drive and what gear to keep. After that, I was on my own.  Very fuel efficient, very smooth running machines. Downside, no live pto or hydro unless you use the hand clutch. 

• Like 1

My grandfather had those when I was too young to know much about them. Yours looks to have much larger rubber than the narrow ones I remember his having. I’ve got a pic. of him and his last AC, many years later.  I was able to track down the phone number for the gentleman that owns it now and have asked that he calls me if he ever decides to sell it.  I think he had had different fenders on it in this pc. 

• Like 1

Looks pretty good. They are handy for plow-day. Mounted plow, drive on and off the trailer, no messing around! Those 'combine' rims make the tread spacing a bit wide for a two or three bottom plow though.

• Thanks 1

Looks good!

Be still my heart!

Grew up on a 45.

Even had P/S!

Have had a couple WDs, a few 45s and  D17. Didn't like the 17 though.

All were wide fronts.

I'll have a nf someday.

It'll still spin them oversize rears.

Hope it doesn't jump out of gear on the downhill.

Be prepared if its hilly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Those 'combine' rims make the tread spacing a bit wide for a two or three bottom plow though.

Didn't know that them was combine rims. will check that out and replace if need. Thanks

9 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Didn't know that them was combine rims. will check that out and replace if need. Thanks

That's pretty common, guessing they are 14.9X26's by looking. Original would have been 13.6X28's, on power adjust rims. Most came calcium filled which led to rim rot.

• Thanks 1

Had 26" combine wheels/tires on a 45 yrs back.

Hated them.

No traction compared to original size tires.

Spun up and slid down the hills with the pull type flail mower.

But they looked cool!

• Haha 3