Any of you guys wear Levis?

vtfireman85

Only because there is no puke emoji....

wait.......?......found one.

If that makes me intolerant then so be it. I have nothing against the person/people but flaunting it is not right. When is straight pride month?  When can I be fabulously confident in having a female wife and get praised for it like it’s a new idea?

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, bigequip said:

It cost Levi & Co $4.00 to make a pair of jeans.  Remember that when you pay $50 for a pair of 501s etc.

Which is why an immense amount of marketing is done for the denim industry.  This was pointed out in a college marketing class I took many many years ago.  Levi's was one of the first companies to use product placement in movies and television in a saturation bombing type way.  I had more sympathy for Levi's many years ago when it used pretty much American cotton and paid its American employees quite well even though I was never gaga over denim culture.  In any event sewing denim has been hugely profitable over the decades for the companies engaged in it.  I've always been a contrarian when it comes to clothing and I don't have anything Levi's in the closet in part due to the company's stance on a number of issues.  Somebody else will have to buy my share of over priced denim.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

Which is why an immense amount of marketing is done for the denim industry.  This was pointed out in a college marketing class I took many many years ago.  Levi's was one of the first companies to use product placement in movies and television in a saturation bombing type way.  I had more sympathy for Levi's many years ago when it used pretty much American cotton and paid its American employees quite well even though I was never gaga over denim culture.  In any event sewing denim has been hugely profitable over the decades for the companies engaged in it.  I've always been a contrarian when it comes to clothing and I don't have anything Levi's in the closet in part due to the company's stance on a number of issues.  Somebody else will have to buy my share of over priced denim.  

I got one maybe two pairs, but that’s over 20 years, wrangler is my go to, fit is closer than Levi, but I always liked their history, this stuff is like all the cancel crap that is so pronounced now, and it appeals to fringe groups and the companies suck up to that, why is it mainstream peeps like this board are deemed unimportant but fringe players are sought after, it’s over my head.

I like denim jeans so when I saw the price of Rural King’s line of jeans I bought a few pair. Unfortunately they are cut for the Chinese body type or possibly just cut incorrectly. Unwearable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkG said:

I like denim jeans so when I saw the price of Rural King’s line of jeans I bought a few pair. Unfortunately they are cut for the Chinese body type or possibly just cut incorrectly. Unwearable.

I have a few pair of TSC brand, rugged ridge or something, except that the rear pockets are too low they are pretty comfortable, especially for 12 bucks.

14 minutes ago, MarkG said:

That's odd... mine fit just fine - I like the painter pants for the side pockets... Always have a place to put my wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.

43 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

When is straight pride month?

Or work every day awareness month. When those that don't get to try it.

Pay all my taxes month. When all those who don't , pay homage to those of us that do

Not crazy just stressed awareness month. When all the congress goes home and we give them **** for the crappy job they are doing

Average centrist commoner ( redneck ) awareness month. When the far out there's come to us for guidance , seeking common sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

I pay the money for Carhartt, Dickies, LLbean etc, i feel i get my moneys worth, they last for years, it isn’t a status symbol thing, I just like the fit/durability and the value is there. My 12 dollar TSC pants are 4-6 months, my carhartt  are 2-3 years. I am however dismayed at the trend towards baggy pants, even carhartt work line has gone ultra-baggy. Not for me. 
i bought (then returned) a pair of levis for my wife. She likes low rise boot cut and the levi were not to her specifications, ended up with a couple pairs of various western brands. Much happier. Anyway, thats how I ended up on their email list.. if i were tempted to buy any… i am not anymore.  

10 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Or work every day awareness month. When those that don't get to try it.

Pay all my taxes month. When all those who don't , pay homage to those of us that do

Not crazy just stressed awareness month. When all the congress goes home and we give them **** for the crappy job they are doing

Average centrist commoner ( redneck ) awareness month. When the far out there's come to us for guidance , seeking common sense.

This man gets it!!!! Ever considered politics? ?

• Haha 1

I was a wrangler guy for 15 years, drank the truewerk coolaid last fall huge upgrade 

• Like 1

I used to buy what ever was cheap.................would destroy them.  Sam's club here had cheap ones for years and I would buy a bunch there, wear they until they failed and then used them to soak up oil.  Recent times it seems the prices went up, and they were more crappy then they were before and didn't last.  My wife bought me a thinner jean material pants from Duluth Trading................I love them, thin and cooler in the summer.  For me anyhow climbing in/around/on stuff I like them on the baggy side or I got one sexy plumbers crack:ph34r: in certain bends ,  and these ones are just right.  She also got me heavier ones that are lined with something for winter, those are nice as well....................Wasn't cheap but worth it.  

• Haha 1

Most of my shirts are LL Bean, Carhart work jeans, Wrangler for other than work. Dickies work shirts.  Work uniforms are Jos A Banks - not the best but we ruin them before we wear them out.

1 minute ago, TP from Central PA said:

I used to buy what ever was cheap.................would destroy them.  Sam's club here had cheap ones for years and I would buy a bunch there, wear they until they failed and then used them to soak up oil.  Recent times it seems the prices went up, and they were more crappy then they were before and didn't last.  My wife bought me a thinner jean material pants from Duluth Trading................I love them, thin and cooler in the summer.  For me anyhow climbing in/around/on stuff I like them on the baggy side or I got one sexy plumbers crack:ph34r: in certain bends ,  and these ones are just right.  She also got me heavier ones that are lined with something for winter, those are nice as well....................Wasn't cheap but worth it.  

I detest anything stretchy, no butt, cant hold em up. Seems like no matter how tight i cinch my belt they are creeping down, down, down, and a 30 lb tool belt only makes matters worse. Duluth seems to be hocking 90 percent glorified yoga pants these days. Along with all thenother major players. Just ordered a pair of the original firm duck, made in USA,  carhartt double knees. Had to get black because brown was out of stock, not sure if that makes me racist or not. 
another must for me is a side pocket for my phone and angled front pockets, makes it possible to extract items even with the tool belt on. 

32 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

This man gets it!!!! Ever considered politics?

Not for me but I did give my state rep **** in the bank parking lot a couple of days ago. That was fun

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I detest anything stretchy, no butt, cant hold em up. Seems like no matter how tight i cinch my belt they are creeping down, down, down, and a 30 lb tool belt only makes matters worse. Duluth seems to be hocking 90 percent glorified yoga pants these days. Along with all thenother major players. Just ordered a pair of the original firm duck, made in USA,  carhartt double knees. Had to get black because brown was out of stock, not sure if that makes me racist or not. 
another must for me is a side pocket for my phone and angled front pockets, makes it possible to extract items even with the tool belt on. 

Bigger spare tire and size the trunk to match and you'll be ok...................I haven't worn a belt since I got one I was wearing on a paddle corner coming down off the top of a NI #7 corn picker years ago.............Size the pants to the crack and you're ok 95% of the time, the other 5% let them stare................:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Only because there is no puke emoji....

wait.......?......found one.

If that makes me intolerant then so be it. I have nothing against the person/people but flaunting it is not right. When is straight pride month?  When can I be fabulously confident in having a female wife and get praised for it like it’s a new idea?

It’s not a new one.

Proof is that we are here!