flooding here

searcyfarms

all our crop ground is under water - neighbors - cousins,  makes me sad for everyone and the guy that farms it for us, so much under water and everyone works so hard - its not as high yet as a couple times I have seen in my life but pretty bad. Its raining more right now and water still rising. Its bottom ground so not able to get crop ins on it. 

• Sad 6

Dryer than a popcorn fart over here ~ 250 miles east of you.

• Sad 1

Couldn’t get through on 36 Hwy East of St Joe today. Water was over the road. 14” of rain just north of St Joe last night and more on the way. I don’t have any bottom ground at the moment, but all we have ever farmed was insurable. I never could understand why because the Platte River flooded it all the time. Some of it didn’t even have levee protection and what had a levee wasn’t much. 

• Sad 1

Our creeks popped up last night and went back down fairly quick. Surface water will make sure there is some drowned out. Haven't check all the terraces yet but I know one topped.

Flat roof of my employers office building collapsed causing damage in a storage area and flooding the offices.

.8 yesterday morning followed by 4" last night. It is raining again now with who knows what coming later. North of us there has been talk of extreme amounts  (12 inches plus) from last night

I would like to share and give some relief to all of those that are burning up or drying out.

• Like 2

Just heading home from the Ark in KY. I can't believe all the rain in IN, IL and eastern IA. Bone dry by us in extreme NW ia

• Like 1

7.1” last night and another 1.5 since about 5:30 at Boonville. All creeks out. Plus all of NW Missouri has to drain down to here. MFA has NH3 plant across the river in the bottoms. They moved all their wagons to higher ground today. Not a good sign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve C. said:

Must be the rain getting us in Southern Michigan is missing you. We went from dry last Thursday to wet now. Starting Friday morning a week ago to now we've had 7 inches of rain. With more in the forecast.

Last week we did a chunk of what I would call swamp ground hay for my cousin. She picked the hay up for free fearing that she might be short hay for her beef cow herd. Good grass but you can only cut it when its dry. Otherwise the owner mows it with a brush hog and small tractor because its light. Got the hay made Wednesday last week and started raining Friday. Drove past the fields Tuesday. Front half is under water. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

MFA has NH3 plant across the river in the bottoms. They moved all their wagons to higher ground today. Not a good sign. 

Just a matter of time up river from us when they will have to move out. Tank wagons first then the dry fertilizer barn followed by any grain stored. Last place the water gets to is the office / feed warehouse.

Son is happy it isn't his problem anymore.

• Like 1

We are dangerously dry here but 2019 is still very fresh in my mind.

All of you in the flood areas stay safe and hope your summer levels out.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, Steve C. said:

Just got almost two inches here - came real nice in several showers between late yesterday afternoon and this morning.

• Like 2

Been on vacation for a week. Just got back last nite. Dumped right at 2 inches out of rain gauge this morning. Was awfully dry when we left. Glad we got some moisture and hope those in dry areas get some and the over wet areas get a chance to dry out a bit.

• Like 1