Tire size recommendations?

NebIH

Recently bought an 806.  Right now it has 12.5Lx15 implement tires on the front.  Rear tires are 18.4 34.  I wouldn’t be opposed to buying new front rims for different tire size. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

9.5-15

11L-15

10.00-16

All pretty common....You can even go skinnier like 7.50-16 or so, but those sizes seem to be the most popular, even with 34's (even though some people will tell you they aren't). Nothing was a "factory" size...it was simply what the dealer or original owner ordered it with, so you're pretty much open to whatever you like.

Travis

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wendyoakscubs said:

9.5x15 tri ribs on front, leave the 18.4x34 on the back. I set mine up that way last year and has worked well so far. JMO

my neighbor had a 706 with 18.4x34s from an 806 on it, i sure like the looks of those better than my 16.9 38s mine look peuny and i need more traction a lot of the time 

Well, you might be opposed to buying new rims once you find out how much new ones cost, and how hard it is to find good used ones in the wild for a decent price. They're one of those "I know what I have" things, where the seller thinks they have you over a barrel and can ask however much they want.

Any idea what width the rims you have are now? How's the clearance between the tire and the knee on the front end? (That will indicate if these 12.5L-15's were wedged on to narrow rims.) If they're wide enough, 11L-15 tri-ribs or 4-rib tires would be a nice upgrade from implement tires.

My 826 has 18.4's and 9.5-15's on the front. I like the size pairing and, in fact, I just put new tires on the front.

I also just ordered new 8x15" rims for my 706, which also has 9.5x15's on the front. They are 6 bolt and the price was either 60-something or 90-something per, depending on which offset you want/need. In my case, I wanted a 4" offset on the concave side so I needed the $90-ish ones.

If you need/want pics, let me know.

-FT

My 806 came with 18.4/34s and 9.5/15s on it.  I put 10:00/16s on it for the loader.  For some things that makes the drawbar too low, the implement jack won't lower it far enough for it to sit on the drawbar.