2250 Loader fit a 844?

Donnie

Good day!!

I have come across a 2250 loader in nice shape, was mounted on a 784 and comes with mounting brackets from a 784. I am wondering if this loader and or brackets will work on my 844 before I make the 8hr round trip to check it out for myself. Anything I read speaks to just about every other IH model out there but I don't see anything on the 844, (Mine's an S model I don't think that makes any difference though for a loader)

As always any input is very much appreciated.

I really hope some day I can be the one to answer a question instead of always looking for help, I guess it all comes in time LOL.

Thanks again Bro's

A 2250 loader is a good loader.  I mounted mine on a 3220.  When I tried to find information on what loader fits what tractor, believe it or not, I got some good info from the parts department of IH.  If you have one around that hopefully you been to a couple of times, they may be able to look up your 844 and tell you what loaders were recommended or installed. 

• Like 1

Your average CaseIH dealer looks at you like you've grown a third eye when you ask about COMMON IH models.

The 844/844S is a Neuss Germany built model primarily sold in Europe. Very few in North America. You can try and ask but most likely they will deny that the tractor even exists, "There is no such thing. Quit making up model numbers."

On the loader fit, the 784 is a Doncaster England built model.

Your best bet is to get some pictures of the 784 off of google and look at the mounting pads on the sides of the tractor. From what I am seeing myself, they do not look at all the same. There aren't even any rear mounting pads at the bell housing on the 844S, so no place to mount the loader. That would mean the 2250 brackets from the 784 won't directly bolt on to the 844S and will require significant modification.

4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Your average CaseIH dealer looks at you like you've grown a third eye when you ask about COMMON IH models.

The 844/844S is a Neuss Germany built model primarily sold in Europe. Very few in North America. You can try and ask but most likely they will deny that the tractor even exists, "There is no such thing. Quit making up model numbers."

On the loader fit, the 784 is a Doncaster England built model.

Your best bet is to get some pictures of the 784 off of google and look at the mounting pads on the sides of the tractor. From what I am seeing myself, they do not look at all the same. There aren't even any rear mounting pads at the bell housing on the 844S, so no place to mount the loader. That would mean the 2250 brackets from the 784 won't directly bolt on to the 844S and will require significant modification.

Thanks Matt, i have a 574 i was looking at last night trying to compare at least frame widths etc and yeah the 844 doesn’t look to loader mount friendly... may just stay a raking tractor 

4 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Go get the loader and then go get you a 766D. Problem solved. 

Had one, never like how it turned so i sold it. I really like this 844s it has a very unique sound to it and no end to the power for the size of it.

2 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Better yet, get a hydro!

Have 2 186’s one with fwa and 

2355 loader. Yes its a great.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, Donnie said:

Thanks Matt, i have a 574 i was looking at last night trying to compare at least frame widths etc and yeah the 844 doesn’t look to loader mount friendly... may just stay a raking tractor 

The loader will fit right on that 574.