Jump to content

another one bites the dust


searcyfarms
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ray54 said:

Theodor  Roosevelt ( Teddy) president 1901 to 1909. Started the National parks, was a big pusher of breaking monopolies like Standard Oil. His early fame was The Ruff Riders he lead in Cuba in the Spanish American War in 1898.

He was a fifth cousin to Franklin D Roosevelt of WW2. 

FDR was the first open socialist in American politics. As well as the things you stated.

He was the driving force behind the release of moose...and wapiti    (elk) into New Zealand...around of the turn of the century..

New Zealand hunters ,of yesteryear were  forever gratefull  for that  endeavour....Imagine todays bunch  of camo wearing weekend warriors, wouldn't have a clue re the origins of those fine game animals....

...now of course, if there was a statue of Teddy Roosevelt here in   New Zealand, the Demented Morons from the Green Party would be the ones carrying on like idiots...because of the "environmental damage" , these over hunted animals  , supposedly cause.....

I have an 1895   Marlin  40-65  22  inch Bbl  carbine, that was allegedly  came into New Zealand with the "ship and support crew'' , with those animals...

I have serious doubts about the validity of that claim......I purchased the  carbine anyway.....but given Mr Roosevelts penchant for the 1895  Winchester, in various calibers, I doubt that claim  would have been correct.......

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, acem said:

Franklin Delanor Roosevelt (FDR) put the Japanese American citizens in concentration camps and gave eastern Europe to Stalin. FDR was an extremely popular socialist president.

Thx-Ace 

He even praised the fascist dictator El Duce (Mussolini) before the second world war, there people claiming that FDR was fascist himself judging by his policy and the threats he make to pack the supreme court if he didn't get his way. 

 

One of our former prime ministers of the left wing PVDA (labour party) praised Hitler before the war. 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, acem said:

Franklin Delanor Roosevelt (FDR) put the Japanese American citizens in concentration camps and gave eastern Europe to Stalin. FDR was an extremely popular socialist president.

Thx-Ace 

Wasn’t he real popular because he started making high prices government projects to get people working again? TVA, Hoover Dam, ?? 
I can’t remember for sure

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jordi 1455 said:

He even praised the fascist dictator El Duce (Mussolini) before the second world war, there people claiming that FDR was fascist himself judging by his policy and the threats he make to pack the supreme court if he didn't get his way. 

 

One of our former prime ministers of the left wing PVDA (labour party) praised Hitler before the war. 

 

Your kidding, my mother detested the germans and loved Wilhelmina, she didn't ever mention a PM being cozy to the nazis, could you give his name please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dasnake said:

Your kidding, my mother detested the germans and loved Wilhelmina, she didn't ever mention a PM being cozy to the nazis, could you give his name please?

Joop Den Uyl our prime minister from 1973 to 1977 had nazi sympathies in the 30's.

https://www.trouw.nl/nieuws/jonge-naieve-en-wereldvreemde-joop-doorzag-hitler-niet~bfd095fc/

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Teddy spent almost 2 years roving Africa shooting game to put on display in a naturel history museums in the USA. Most shot with a Winchester lever actions in various calibers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FDR started many socialist programs where the government hired people to work on numerous things.

However, Hoover Dam was not an fdr project, it started  before he was elected and was built by contractors,.

Thx-Ace 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Frank H said:

We can take down a statue of a good man like Teddy Roosevelt but yet have a statue put up of a scumbag like George Floyd? That sickens me. 

In Seattle is statue of Lenin and leftist are walking with T-shirts with the face off Che guvera who was a communist revolutionary and a mass murderer. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, acem said:

FDR started many socialist programs where the government hired people to work on numerous things.

Now they 'hire' people to stay at home...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

There is a statue of David Rice Atchison in a small town near me. His claim to fame is that he was supposedly president of the United States for one day. There is a town in Kansas named after him as well as a county or two. He was a well known racist Democrat senator from Missouri  who was involved in some questionable/bad conduct. I keep waiting for black lives matter to show up and burn this little town down as well as demand some name changes. They must not know it’s here.  

He was a Democrat.  So we cant drae neg attention to that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jordi 1455 said:

In Seattle is statue of Lenin and leftist are walking with T-shirts with the face off Che guvera who was a communist revolutionary and a mass murderer. 

Those bums who put up a statue of dirtbag Lenin and wear shirts with scum Guevara should be tried for treason. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, searcyfarms said:

sounds like they are relocating to an undetermined location at the moment, it might fall off the truck and get broken in the process and then just pitch it or in someones warehouse  basement - just long enough for our younger gens to get old enough to not remember any of our history that is not being taught and then drop it in the pond. No one will know or care in another decade or two - I will likely live long enough to know/watch it happen

heres a thot, have you ever called your kid a stupid idiot, have you ever grabbed them by the hair and told them to straighten up and fly right, have you ever grabbed your belt and made an impact - for all the good someone does it only takes one moment to wash away all the good from some **** bent person with an agenda - I am an imperfect parent, I am an imperfect employee, friend, husband, take your pick, we all make poor choices at times but to ruin a man/person with a lifetime of goodness who did what they thought was best at the time of their decision is beyond me, thank GOD for GRACE or I would have long ago been struck by lightening or hit by a bus. 

one of my favorite sayings is " we dont know what we dont know " I am a learning work in progress that is for sure

I remember him from school being a man who tried to do good things. He got a lot of our national park stuff going. He was the first man to have a black man in the white house for dinner which is why i thot the statue meant unity not prejudice and power. I am sure he did not so great things too because you cant please everyone. 

I love my country and my heritage and those who have given it ALL to my blessed life. I hate to see us go down these roads. 

 

LEAVE IT RIGHT WHERE IT IS...ITS HISTORY.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 7:10 AM, Frank H said:

Those bums who put up a statue of dirtbag Lenin and wear shirts with scum Guevara should be tried for treason. 

So should those who disrespect our countries flag and anthem on a worldwide stage

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 7:10 AM, Frank H said:

Those bums who put up a statue of dirtbag Lenin and wear shirts with scum Guevara should be tried for treason. 

no no no, don't you know the only ones that were traitors were the south for seceding from the union because they didn't want the govt telling them how to live their lives. Oh wait, neither do these idiots, they just want the govt money to live on, just don't tell them what to do. Hypocrites.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

So should those who disrespect our countries flag and anthem on a worldwide stage

I have a feeling I know of the most recent one that you're thinking of.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

So should those who disrespect our countries flag and anthem on a worldwide stage

 

11 minutes ago, RBootsMI said:

I have a feeling I know of the most recent one that you're thinking of.

Being up here I’ve got no dog in this fight but that crap made my skin crawl, she should be dropped from the  olympics, the IOC and the Olympics should be cancelled, the visitation rules are screwy, and the horrendous costs involved are over the top.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dasnake said:

 

Being up here I’ve got no dog in this fight but that crap made my skin crawl, she should be dropped from the  olympics, the IOC and the Olympics should be cancelled, the visitation rules are screwy, and the horrendous costs involved are over the top.

The simple answer to this crap, SHUT IT OFF and TUNE IT OUT. 
I stopped watching any sports including the olympics.

I limit my consumption of foods from companies and corporations who cater to the woke agenda.

I haven’t bought anything from Amazon prime, although I do watch a little of their channel- far less than I did.

I don’t buy Levi jeans. I detest Nike and have for years. When I buy I look for quality first, then when I feel I found a quality item I shop prices. 
Buy local everyone yells… ok, where? Local doesn’t carry the parts I need. 
If everyone of us did more of this, if everyone of us stood for our beliefs, we wouldn’t be where we are. Without getting into the political aspect of this, it’s we the people that hold the power. It’s we the people who will determine our destiny, sure, there’s a big large corporate politicized monopoly that’s holding onto the rudder with all the strength they can muster, but if enough of us rock the boat, create a wake, soon it’s going to be a tsunami.

Nobody ever said freedom was easy…

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, Dasnake said:

Your kidding, my mother detested the germans and loved Wilhelmina, she didn't ever mention a PM being cozy to the nazis, could you give his name please?

Chamberlain comes to mind.  He certainly folded like a lawn chair every chance he had to stand up to Hitler.  Peace in our time my Aunt Fannie.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

The simple answer to this crap, SHUT IT OFF and TUNE IT OUT. 
I stopped watching any sports including the olympics.

I limit my consumption of foods from companies and corporations who cater to the woke agenda.

I haven’t bought anything from Amazon prime, although I do watch a little of their channel- far less than I did.

I don’t buy Levi jeans. I detest Nike and have for years. When I buy I look for quality first, then when I feel I found a quality item I shop prices. 
Buy local everyone yells… ok, where? Local doesn’t carry the parts I need. 
If everyone of us did more of this, if everyone of us stood for our beliefs, we wouldn’t be where we are. Without getting into the political aspect of this, it’s we the people that hold the power. It’s we the people who will determine our destiny, sure, there’s a big large corporate politicized monopoly that’s holding onto the rudder with all the strength they can muster, but if enough of us rock the boat, create a wake, soon it’s going to be a tsunami.

Nobody ever said freedom was easy…

Amen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

The simple answer to this crap, SHUT IT OFF and TUNE IT OUT. 
I stopped watching any sports including the olympics.

I limit my consumption of foods from companies and corporations who cater to the woke agenda.

I haven’t bought anything from Amazon prime, although I do watch a little of their channel- far less than I did.

I don’t buy Levi jeans. I detest Nike and have for years. When I buy I look for quality first, then when I feel I found a quality item I shop prices. 
Buy local everyone yells… ok, where? Local doesn’t carry the parts I need. 
If everyone of us did more of this, if everyone of us stood for our beliefs, we wouldn’t be where we are. Without getting into the political aspect of this, it’s we the people that hold the power. It’s we the people who will determine our destiny, sure, there’s a big large corporate politicized monopoly that’s holding onto the rudder with all the strength they can muster, but if enough of us rock the boat, create a wake, soon it’s going to be a tsunami.

Nobody ever said freedom was easy…

I don’t know the answers but the cancel culture uses these tactics and broadcast it far and wide on social media, the morons dig up tweets from 15 years ago and pound people with them, and the idiots are so self absorbed and scared they fall for it.

Companies are running scared the same way that MLB commissions office about Georgia election changes really put a kibosh on manfred for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

The simple answer to this crap, SHUT IT OFF and TUNE IT OUT. 
I stopped watching any sports including the olympics.

I limit my consumption of foods from companies and corporations who cater to the woke agenda.

I haven’t bought anything from Amazon prime, although I do watch a little of their channel- far less than I did.

I don’t buy Levi jeans. I detest Nike and have for years. When I buy I look for quality first, then when I feel I found a quality item I shop prices. 
Buy local everyone yells… ok, where? Local doesn’t carry the parts I need. 
If everyone of us did more of this, if everyone of us stood for our beliefs, we wouldn’t be where we are. Without getting into the political aspect of this, it’s we the people that hold the power. It’s we the people who will determine our destiny, sure, there’s a big large corporate politicized monopoly that’s holding onto the rudder with all the strength they can muster, but if enough of us rock the boat, create a wake, soon it’s going to be a tsunami.

Nobody ever said freedom was easy…

This!!!!!  Second vote for com, it lists companies that fund far leftist and anti freedom causes so you can stop giving them your hard EARNED dollar.  (As we don't live on govt handouts, we earn our money through blood, sweat and tears). They don't deserve my dollar, and I try to avoid supporting them in any way possible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, Frank H said:

Those bums who put up a statue of dirtbag Lenin and wear shirts with scum Guevara should be tried for treason. 

Disagree..  that is free speech and they are entitled to it.

 In the same respect, those that appreciate people such as Teddy Roosevelt should NOT be silenced by ‘cancel culture’ and should stand up to keep monuments for those that achieved great things.  NOTE: I am not saying monuments to great people.  We may believe they are great people, others don’t like them.  I don’t think anyone can say that Roosevelt and others didn’t accomplish great things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...