86 series hydraulics

bitty

I am wondering on the open center hydraulic system for the 86 series if the hydraulic remotes are the same and has an end cap plate or if it has an end valve ? I assume that is where power beyond would be added? I am wanting to add a 3 section valve for a loader and leave all the remotes for other things

I’ll have to look at mine how I did the same thing but it works good. Had to do a lot of research to get the plumbing right. I didn’t touch the valve stack other than the pressure line. If I remember right the main pressure line out of the stack goes over the top of the tranny and down to the mcv pump. I ran that pressure line through my loader valve and then to the mcv. For the loader valve return I t’ed into the return line below the valve stack. I cut the factory steel lines and picked up some compression fittings for the splicing 

The auxiliary valves are all the same. 

I'm told you can hook into the line going from the valves to the mcv for your loader valves. The unused fluid passing through should continue to the mcv and the return from use to the housing/reservoir.

Thx-Ace 

13 hours ago, bitty said:

I am wondering on the open center hydraulic system for the 86 series if the hydraulic remotes are the same and has an end cap plate or if it has an end valve ? I assume that is where power beyond would be added? I am wanting to add a 3 section valve for a loader and leave all the remotes for other things

Pretty simple to add a loader valve. The loader valve will be inline in the supercharge line with a work return port teed into the sump drain below the remote stack.
image.png.808b62482c394bd0555f5a83913af84a.png

14 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Pretty simple to add a loader valve. The loader valve will be inline in the supercharge line with a work return port teed into the sump drain below the remote stack.
image.png.808b62482c394bd0555f5a83913af84a.png

I should have specified a 186. I assume that it's the same for any open center 86 regardless of the model ? 

2 hours ago, bitty said:

I should have specified a 186. I assume that it's the same for any open center 86 regardless of the model ? 

let me look later this evening. The Hydros have some differences in how the "leftover" oil from the various pumps can be combined and used as charge flow and pressure to the Hydro center section.. 

There was some differences on the hydro model when I was looking for the same info. Thinking I read that you splice into the line to the cooler. 

I did find that discussion again and yes they said to plumb into the oil cooler line. The gear drives is the supercharge line to the mcv but hydros is the cooler line. The return is connected the same on either model

• 2 weeks later...

Another question is on the open center models probably were only available with 3 remotes maximum correct? I have this from the in-laws that I can add one or two more depending on what there is room for. 

IMG_20210711_155624697.jpg

Archived