IH 444 loader front hydraulic pump shaft?

Does this use 1 3/8” 6 spline for the shaft and coupler? If so any good machine shop could repair that. I don’t know what the “new parts” situation is. Parts price and availability will determine repair or replace. Many people seem to be intimidated by going to a machine shop, but there’s no need to be afraid of stopping by and seeing if they can help you or not. 

• Like 1

IF its like the 2444, its a 3/4 shaft. I have one out here but its a solid plate on both ends and bolted direct to crank pulley. I saved a few parts of the tractor when I junked it. Tractor had a 2001 IH loader on it. Never did figure why they put a front mount pump for the loader when the tractor internal pump was good.

• Like 1

I vote for the machine shop also. I would suggest boring the coupling out to the next standard bar size. Then lop off the splines and weld a piece of cold rolled in its place. Then there will be plenty of room for a 5/16” woodruff key.

• Like 1

Check with Stiener tractor parts in Northern Michigan.   New hub and shaft are less than a $100.00 bucks!

• Thanks 1