Whirlpool stove?

Ihfan4life

Any appliance people here?

We had a thunderstorm roll through here last night. It hit close-actually I think it hit my silo and possibly my well.

I thought I would cook breakfast this morning but now I think it also did something to my stove??

I’ve looked this thing over a dozen times looking for a model number without finding anything. 
Anyone know what it is? I really don’t want to tear the stove apart to find a stupid model # but I may have to 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Up under the drawer usually 

No drawer- double oven.

I’m thinking it’s under the control panel… I tried finding the manual for it but no luck. The stove was a new rejected freebie because the lcd display was crooked so I might not have a manual 

2 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

No drawer- double oven.

I’m thinking it’s under the control panel… I tried finding the manual for it but no luck. The stove was a new rejected freebie because the lcd display was crooked so I might not have a manual 

Still usually under there. 

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

What’s it doing or not doing?

It won’t power up. It has a touch screen at the top of the stove that needs to power up before you can do anything else. I think it’s fried…

Just now, Ihfan4life said:

It won’t power up. It has a touch screen at the top of the stove that needs to power up before you can do anything else. I think it’s fried…

Pretty sure my silo got hit by lightning last night. Well controller was hit, the internet router was hit, I’m thinking this was hit too.

Bad luck comes in 3’s right?

26 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Pretty sure my silo got hit by lightning last night. Well controller was hit, the internet router was hit, I’m thinking this was hit too.

Bad luck comes in 3’s right?

Damn, can't say anything to aid you, cooked board it sounds like, I hope you get an answer.

• Like 1

Would think mod # is on back of stove. If you think it was hit your homeowners ins should cover it possibly. 

John

• Like 1

Have you made sure you have power? I have seen lightning fry ground faults frequently. 

Have you looked inside to see if there are any fuses that opened up?

About 15 years ago a fellow cut down a tree for his ex-girlfriend as a favor.  There was no malice intended.

Said tree laid into a 46KV (46,000 volt) Subtransmission line bringing it down onto an underbuilt 4,800 volt Distribution circuit.  Many, many electronics were fried in a 5 mile radius.  Over 600 electric meters were changed that day!   Some people were able to replace fuses on some appliances, but some were not that lucky.

2 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Have you looked inside to see if there are any fuses that opened up?

About 15 years ago a fellow cut down a tree for his ex-girlfriend as a favor.  There was no malice intended.

Said tree laid into a 46KV (46,000 volt) Subtransmission line bringing it down onto an underbuilt 4,800 volt Distribution circuit.  Many, many electronics were fried in a 5 mile radius.  Over 600 electric meters were changed that day!   Some people were able to replace fuses on some appliances, but some were not that lucky.

Wasnt Hans was it? His felling skills are legendary. 

Double ovens have the model/serial tag in the back of the control panel on a flip up metal tag, it's the only place to put them that heat wont get to them and wreck their integrity. It looks like WGG745SOFS or similar. Likely has a defective oven control, lightning likes to tickle them. There are no fuses or circuit breakers inside the unit, if your burners light you have power, just be prepared for a hefty part price and possibly some wait time. If you need help,  pm me I'd be happy to help. Been working on this stuff since I was 5. Good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel your pain day after a storm my refrigerator died had to replace 3 boards . I told wife just get a new one and the repairman said our 10 year old one was a lot better than the new junk so we fixed it. I had no idea refrigerators even had boards.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ky966boy said:

I feel your pain day after a storm my refrigerator died had to replace 3 boards . I told wife just get a new one and the repairman said our 10 year old one was a lot better than the new junk so we fixed it. I had no idea refrigerators even had boards.

Prices go up, quality goes down… I don’t think it’s supposed to work like that ?

30 minutes ago, JaredT said:

Double ovens have the model/serial tag in the back of the control panel on a flip up metal tag, it's the only place to put them that heat wont get to them and wreck their integrity. It looks like WGG745SOFS or similar. Likely has a defective oven control, lightning likes to tickle them. There are no fuses or circuit breakers inside the unit, if your burners light you have power, just be prepared for a hefty part price and possibly some wait time. If you need help,  pm me I'd be happy to help. Been working on this stuff since I was 5. Good luck

The burners won’t light… I was planning on tearing into it later today  when I get home.

thank you

2 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

The burners won’t light… I was planning on tearing into it later today  when I get home.

thank you

The wood goes in through the bottom door, after 15 minutes or so the burners will light....? Yeah...take it apart carefully then plug it in and see where the power stops. Had a dishwasher that stopped working. It was the screen and main board, like 250$ to replace and then found out it was no longer available and had to get a new one.....                 

16 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Prices go up, quality goes down… I don’t think it’s supposed to work like that ?

Actually quality is as good as it has been all along, I have always had service work to do. Complaining about quality after lightning hits a product is like complaining about a tractor losing against a train in an accident. Are part prices ridiculous? Definitely. Just remembering to buy american will get you better chances of better products. Yours is american made, good choice.