5220 Maxxum Powershift Again

CentMO3088

Early 5220 (no neutral on shuttle) keeps blowing 4th speed powershift fuse. #28 in the panel 5 amp. I've disconnected each solenoid and pressure switch and ohmed them out and can't see any abnormal numbers. I'm getting close to sticking a 30 amp in it and look for smoke. At least then I would know what to work on.

Don't try a bigger fuse, unbolt front of cab and raise it up a bit. You will see transmission harness running diagonal across top of transmission housing, going forward and coming up to firewall connector on front of cab in engine bay. Disconnect harness and work it down to where you can pull it out from under cab. Closely inspect and repair harness as needed, install new cab mounts during assembly. Highly likely that cab has "settled" and damaged harness. 

On 6/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, CentMO3088 said:

Early 5220 (no neutral on shuttle) keeps blowing 4th speed powershift fuse. #28 in the panel 5 amp. I've disconnected each solenoid and pressure switch and ohmed them out and can't see any abnormal numbers. I'm getting close to sticking a 30 amp in it and look for smoke. At least then I would know what to work on.

Don’t do that please that was a $4500 lesson for me and I just put in a 10 amp