Just looked at a international 606 diesel. We didn't buy it! I was hoping for a start and go tractor with minimum maintenance.  First thing I noticed was a lot of J B weld on the housing! Then a crack on the hydraulic pump housing.  Then a crack front axle. The three point arm was welded up. Rear main seal was leaking among other leaks. Then it didn't start the guy grabs a bottle of either! When it finally did start it didn't really know what smoke it should produce gray, black, or blue! Then driving it the hydraulic pump and the steering were in a contest to see which made more noise! The tires in descent shape.

So when I started to do the project in terms of money.  The 606 was a money pit. We have already had that experience before. 

Seems like the utility tractor's were used and abused! 

Semi rare tractor from what I have seen

neighbor has one, its not very impressive if you ask me - 460 engine - mediocre hydraulics - steering issues - worn about as slick as teh one you describe - has a 2000 loader on it and he mounted a bradco backhoe attachment on the back - had to supplement the hydraulic system with a pto pump to run everything 

8 hours ago, planejeff said:

Just looked at a international 606 diesel. We didn't buy it! I was hoping for a start and go tractor with minimum maintenance.  First thing I noticed was a lot of J B weld on the housing! Then a crack on the hydraulic pump housing.  Then a crack front axle. The three point arm was welded up. Rear main seal was leaking among other leaks. Then it didn't start the guy grabs a bottle of either! When it finally did start it didn't really know what smoke it should produce gray, black, or blue! Then driving it the hydraulic pump and the steering were in a contest to see which made more noise! The tires in descent shape.

So when I started to do the project in terms of money.  The 606 was a money pit. We have already had that experience before. 

Seems like the utility tractor's were used and abused! 

...they are actually good tractors...for what they were designed for'....""The hydralic pump   and the steering noise contest '' would almost certainly be a combination of low trans oil level and the trans filter that hadn't been changed since 1968......I have found that these small IH  engines will generally start   IF    the glow plugs are functioning  as they should...........just my observations

Mike