Jump to content

Half century of progress


EASY BOB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Talked to Russell yesterday. He was saying that the corn is just about ready to tassels. Everything is looking good for this year's show.will definitely be good.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank You For The Information!!  

       I Have visited the Facebook Page.

            I Have Been to the Web Page Site.

                 Some Folks from other Tractor Sites have posted Information.

I Really Appreciate One Of Our Own "Red Power" Members giving first hand Knowledge!! 

Thanks Neighbor,  Jim Droscha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t wait!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to it as usual. It is a one of a kind show of you haven’t been and are on the fence about going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EASY BOB - I haven't been to a HCoP since I bought that seat from you back in 2005.  I may have to plan on going this fall!

   Here I thought our Knee High by June  23rd corn was something to brag about!  We're a long way from any tassels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually might be able to go…. Assuming the airport is still open? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I actually might be able to go…. Assuming the airport is still open? 

What airport? The landing strip at Rantoul is no longer active. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

What airport? The landing strip at Rantoul is no longer active. 

All i saw was an areal picture 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

What airport? The landing strip at Rantoul is no longer active. 

Are you sure?? It was in use the first several shows we attended. Planes were landing the day before the show began. In later years, the runway was shut down for safety. I haven’t been to the last couple of shows. It got to be boring, hot, same old tired show. Definitely something worthwhile to see. Thinking about going again this year because I haven’t seen 10-20,000 golfcarts in a few years. LOL 

Pretty sure it is still an active airport owned and operated by the town. They just shut it down for the show. 
No longer an active military base. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

Are you sure?? It was in use the first several shows we attended. Planes were landing the day before the show began. In later years, the runway was shut down for safety. I haven’t been to the last couple of shows. It got to be boring, hot, same old tired show. Definitely something worthwhile to see. Thinking about going again this year because I haven’t seen 10-20,000 golfcarts in a few years. LOL 

Pretty sure it is still an active airport owned and operated by the town. They just shut it down for the show. 
No longer an active military base. 

You are probably correct. I know two years ago there were no planes coming in the day I was there and Orion Samuelsen complained he couldn’t fly in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

You are probably correct. I know two years ago there were no planes coming in the day I was there and Orion Samuelsen complained he couldn’t fly in.

Yep, I think in the early days you could fly in the day before and fly out when it was over. I don’t remember them ever letting planes land during the event but I do remember them having to stop traffic and allow a plane to land the day before. I think mud drug onto the runway became an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going to go this year if my plans stay together. I’ve never been to anything like it as there is nothing like it down here. 
 I went to the Red Power Roundup when it was in Montgomery Alabama, while it was certainly interesting there really wasn’t much there I hadn’t seen before. I suspect the HCOP will have a lot things I haven’t seen in person. 
Looking at videos of it, the biggest drawback is 300k geezers in golf carts. lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jworley said:

I’m going to go this year if my plans stay together. I’ve never been to anything like it as there is nothing like it down here. 
 I went to the Red Power Roundup when it was in Montgomery Alabama, while it was certainly interesting there really wasn’t much there I hadn’t seen before. I suspect the HCOP will have a lot things I haven’t seen in person. 
Looking at videos of it, the biggest drawback is 300k geezers in golf carts. lol 

You’re not going to see much if you try to walk the show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I’m going to ride a gator like the rest of the geezers. Lol

I mostly meant how evidently they can’t see very well so they all want to get right in the way of the machinery so everybody that can see from 40 yards won’t be able to watch too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The airport will be closed from Sat before show until Monday eve ending after show ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...