Farmall H not running right

I just got my Farmall H running that has been sitting for 5 years but it will only run if I modulate the choke by closing it for a brief second that opening it again and I have to do that repeatedly the entire time it's running. I need some help figuring it out, thanks

Make sure your water trap bowl and screen are clean and the fuel line isn't obstructed.

Clogged main jet, or something awry with the float.  You can try seating the main needle and then back out again....might clear something.  Sometime removing the needle and poking through a fine wire can dislodge "gunk".  You may need to drop the carb bowl and do some thorough cleaning or possibly remove the whole carb and clean.

Mark

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Derek01 said:

I just got my Farmall H running that has been sitting for 5 years but it will only run if I modulate the choke by closing it for a brief second that opening it again and I have to do that repeatedly the entire time it's running. I need some help figuring it out, thanks

Prob needle valve in carb sticking. That be first thing I would look at,running lean.Then check fuel flow screen in sediment bowl and screen in carb where fuel line goes in.Clean needle,seat and jets,all varnish seen and unseen must be removed. 

• Like 1